Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

EA Completely screwed this up

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FilipHolm

I've been a Battlefield fan since 1942 and I have every single one exept for those Bad Company ones. And yes, I love Battlefield 3 as well, Dice did an amazing job on it. But EA, are you kidding me? I didn't think origin was that bad at first, cause I don't like hating. But now that I've actually had a chance to use it properly I'm kinda pissed off. I can't even start my goddamn game? And I know alot of people are having the same problem. I've installed it and enterd the cd-key and so on, so why can't I start the game? This whole thing and other mistakes made by EA (Not including 1943 on ps3 anyone?) has really brought down my enjoyment of it so far, too bad when the actuall game is great...

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I dont bother getting pissy about publishers etc doing "Evil" shit. If Activision wants to be a disk or sell things at certain prices whatever business is business and I can always just say no but EA seem to have become a class into their own. Not letting you boot the game from the game? WTF. Its not as if they couoldnt have seen this stuff coming months ago, but I digress. Why wont it let you play a game? Do you get Errors or somthing?

Noccee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Noccee

I think it's awesome that you at least were able to install the game. I'm stuck at the activation page, which will not load at all for me. Only giving me the good old "This page cannot be loaded".. sigh

Your games. Anywhere, anytime.

Yeah right....

phanthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By phanthomas

Yup, can't activate tha game either. The activation servers seem to be overloaded or some crap. I was totally expecting this. ^^ http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7667672.page

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

@FilipHolm said:

I've been a Battlefield fan since 1942

You're old.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azteck

I installed it, but was booted from every server within a minute, with no message as to why. On top of that, Battlelog is complete idiocy, and origin sucks in general. I tried playing the Single Player but it crashed in under an hour and I have no idea why. Sigh

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Barrock

@Azteck said:

I installed it, but was booted from every server within a minute, with no message as to why. On top of that, Battlelog is complete idiocy, and origin sucks in general. I tried playing the Single Player but it crashed in under an hour and I have no idea why. Sigh

Update your Punk Buster?

It did that for me for Battlefield Bad Company 2 until I did that.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Brendan said:

@FilipHolm said:

You're old.

HA! 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FilipHolm said:

I've been a Battlefield fan since 1942 and I have every single one exept for those Bad Company ones. And yes, I love Battlefield 3 as well, Dice did an amazing job on it. But EA, are you kidding me? I didn't think origin was that bad at first, cause I don't like hating. But now that I've actually had a chance to use it properly I'm kinda pissed off. I can't even start my goddamn game? And I know alot of people are having the same problem. I've installed it and enterd the cd-key and so on, so why can't I start the game? This whole thing and other mistakes made by EA (Not including 1943 on ps3 anyone?) has really brought down my enjoyment of it so far, too bad when the actuall game is great...

I understand your initial concern and annoyance, but really, this is not an issue. 

You and I both know that Battlefield's splash screens, menus and especially the server browsers, were always annoying, unresponsive and slow. Battlelog is truly thee best interface DICE has ever created, and it allows you to launch the game in seconds, not to mention that the game alt-tabs in and out instantly. 

I'm one of the biggest protesters of any major changes, but to be honest Battlelog is the best thing about DICE's new designs. 

If you wanna talk about screw ups, play the sad excuse of a "conquest" mode that BF3 provides.
    FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FilipHolm

@Brendan said:

@FilipHolm said:

You're old.

lol

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrockNRolla

@FilipHolm said:

Ha! My first thought was, "Wow! This commenter must be in his 70s!"

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Brendan: Same thought!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Brendan said:

@FilipHolm said:

You're old.

HA!

God damnit. Yep.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunkulese

Sure there are still some kinks to work out but battlelog is a fantastic addition and hopefully more games use a similar system in the future.

People just like to hate new things.

Also it wouldn't be a DICE game if the online experience wasn't completely fucked for a large number of people for at least the first week. If you've been a battlefield fan as long as you said you've been I don't see why you expected a smooth launch,

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By mrbubbles

yes i just had my first shitty origin experience. i went to best buy bought the game and tried installing it but it won't it will not install from the disk it just opens origin and nothing happens so i have to download the game instead of installing from a disc (which would be a shitload quicker than waiting 2hrs for a download) honestly why release a physical copy of the game on pc if it's just going to force me to download it

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Andorski

People should stop looking forward to games so much.

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickb64

@Brendan said:

@FilipHolm said:

You're old.

I'm 18, and I played 1942, but only with bots. It was a shitload of fun even with just bots, same with BF Vietnam. Those were a couple years after the games came out, but still. Also, I was like 14 at the time.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Brendan

@nickb64 said:

@Brendan said:

@FilipHolm said:

You're old.

I'm 18, and I played 1942, but only with bots. It was a shitload of fun even with just bots, same with BF Vietnam. Those were a couple years after the games came out, but still. Also, I was like 14 at the time.

I can't make the joke any clearer.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Commisar123

They have certainly handled this launch poorly, which is unfortunate because it distracts from the quality of their game. I only played the beta but it looks pretty cool from what I've seen, but hopefully EA learns from this and does a better job with its upcoming releases.

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nickb64

@Brendan: Clearly I'm too tired to be internetting at this point, it didn't even cross my mind that that might be a joke or some shit.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheHumanDove

Ive been a bf fan since the great depression, and lemme tell you why EA is evil. They like to make money! Dont you hate it when people want to make money? I know I do

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By briangodsoe

Occupy EA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.