Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Hackers have hit the GB servers :(

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By subyman

Played a little bit tonight and the server had some hackers on there. It sucks having 50 people just trying to duck and cover from infinite mortar fire as some guy pelts the entire level with rounds. I believe he had over 90 kills and one death at the end of a 5 minute round. Are there provisions for kicking hackers, like a vote or something? Maybe the server admins could give some premium members rights to kick so we can clean the servers?

Anyone else run into hackers yet?

Here is the hacker's battelog page:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/EviLb3rTTT/stats/299142133/

EDIT:

Report him if you have the time go to his profile and click on the small triangle icon at the upper right hand side to report him.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By clstirens

I've run into just a handful. Always ruins a server in minutes. :(

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @subyman said:

Played a little bit tonight and the server had some hackers on there. It sucks having 50 people just trying to duck and cover from infinite mortar fire as some guy pelts the entire level with rounds. I believe he had over 90 kills and one death at the end of a 5 minute round. Are there provisions for kicking hackers, like a vote or something? Maybe the server admins could give some premium members rights to kick so we can clean the servers?

So..pay to be a admin...right..that would work. 

Why not write support a email and give them info. A link to stats and all that?  

After a quick search I do not even think the GB guys own the server 

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#461 

Seems http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/rolyatkcinmai/ 
    Owns them. 
    Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Ban those cunts!

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By theveej

@ShadowConqueror said:

Ban those cunts!

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I've run into a couple. I thought it might have taken a bit longer, but oh well. If Battlefield 3 doesn't make it to years' end without hackers becoming a huge issue, I'll probably throw-in the multiplayer towel, period. I'm getting sick of buying a game and having the multiplayer constantly ruined in the first 4-6 weeks by abusers. I just am. I have to put up with enough people abusing crap in real life, a video game is honestly the last place I want to see this crap.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By subyman

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@subyman said:

So..pay to be a admin...right..that would work.

Why not write support a email and give them info. A link to stats and all that?

After a quick search I do not even think the GB guys own the server

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/the-giantbomb-battlefield-3-thread-pc/35-516404/#461

Seems http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/rolyatkcinmai/ Owns them.

I didn't know a way to make sure community members would be in given the permission. Premium members or people that contribute a lot to the site of course would be primary candidates I would think. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I know GB doesn't own the server. It is fan run. Obviously no admins were on tonight when I was playing.

Do they have a vote-to-kick system? I'm not too familiar with the BF3 servers. I wish they had in-game reporting mechanisms, but I don't quite know how they wouldn't be abused.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By subyman

@Chainblast said:

I've run into a couple. I thought it might have taken a bit longer, but oh well. If Battlefield 3 doesn't make it to years' end without hackers becoming a huge issue, I'll probably throw-in the multiplayer towel, period. I'm getting sick of buying a game and having the multiplayer constantly ruined in the first 4-6 weeks by abusers. I just am. I have to put up with enough people abusing crap in real life, a video game is honestly the last place I want to see this crap.

Yes, this guy was pretty ridiculous. Here is the guy's battlelog page. Look at his score/minute...

Rank 63!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @subyman said:

@Chainblast said:

Yes, this guy was pretty ridiculous. Here is the guy's battlelog page. Look at his score/minute...

Rank 63!

Send this to the guy who owns the servers. He should easily be able to ban him (If the banning works the same way from BFBC2) 
    clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By clstirens

I agree, we need more trusted admins for the server. One way or another.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JOURN3Y

We do have good admins for the server. The problem is they cannot be on at all times. Just send the guys name to Roly and hopefully he can do something about it.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By subyman

I found a way to report his profile. I don't know what they would do, but if you have the time go to his profile and click on the small triangle icon at the upper right hand side to report him.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akrid

Yep, need quicker response for sure.

Besides hackers though, I'm getting really sick of the non-GB jerks that show up on the server. It seems like every time I log on at somewhat peak hours there are always one or two outspoken players that go crazy with the anger, racism, and mean-spiritedness. I don't want these guys in the server... Now, I'm not saying start kicking dudes for being impolite, but....

Actually, yeah, I am saying that. I don't know if that's something that ever happens with servers, as I've never been close to the back-end nor been on the other side of the boot, but these people are really starting to make the server a somewhat depressing and frustrating place to be.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dandead

You could just password the servers and have a thread with the password on the GB forums. Make it something super obvious like GLHB or Durgers or something. This will instantly get rid of about 95% of the undesirables.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akrid

@dandead: Well, yeah, that would definitely fix the problem. but it's a 64 player server... There's definitely a lot of duders in the platoons, but even so I'm not sure we could fill up a server just ourselves. We might be able to do alright for a while since the game just came out, but we would screw ourselves down the line when a lot of people stop playing.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock

Reported him. Everyone else should as well.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I already picked 6 people to be admins on both servers, we're working on giving them access to the right tools, they'll be available soon.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Branthog
    @dandead said:

You could just password the servers and have a thread with the password on the GB forums. Make it something super obvious like GLHB or Durgers or something. This will instantly get rid of about 95% of the undesirables.

Yeah, we don't want to do this right now, because a lot of the server population is just from battlelog and people who have heard good things about the server. There are a lot of GB people in the GBSQ platoons, but not enough to keep the server populated all day and night for fun times. This is the first real experience of hacking I've heard of or seen on the server and if one of the admins were on, it'd have been taken care of. When Nick finds out about the guy, I'm sure he'll ban him.

Also, as someone mentioned, yes the servers are community owned and operated on behalf of GB. At the moment, the admin controls are pretty damn limited and I'm not sure when or if there will be "voting" abilities on _anything_. Maybe it will come after DICE finishes putting horns on jeeps or something.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Branthog
    @Akrid said:

Yep, need quicker response for sure.

Besides hackers though, I'm getting really sick of the non-GB jerks that show up on the server. It seems like every time I log on at somewhat peak hours there are always one or two outspoken players that go crazy with the anger, racism, and mean-spiritedness. I don't want these guys in the server... Now, I'm not saying start kicking dudes for being impolite, but....

Actually, yeah, I am saying that. I don't know if that's something that ever happens with servers, as I've never been close to the back-end nor been on the other side of the boot, but these people are really starting to make the server a somewhat depressing and frustrating place to be.

Yeah, it was a real joy for the first week and then things took a real turn. The NA GB has been a delight. Lots of fun. Lots of crude crazy stuff. Even lighthearted "fuck you, asshole!" and "you suck!". All good-natured, of course. Then there started to be a stream of people just completely berating fellow players for their abilities and spewing racist comments here and there. Something I think we all agree we'd like to keep off the servers since that's not the community we want to enjoy (or else we may as well just be over at the Reddit and EVGA servers, instead). 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

I'm pretty sure hack users will get their EA accounts banned this time around. That's at least 50$ down the crapper.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By tekmojo

Yea I can't understand how people would hack on a game that is all about fun. What a waste of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.