Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Highway to the danger zone

Hopskotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hopskotch

So I love flying jets, it feels incredible and dog fights are also pretty awesome but when I spend too much time in the air I understand I am being a detriment to my team. I guess what I'm wondering is, do jets become more useful in supporting ground units as you progress through the rewards?

Oh also:

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By WickedCobra03

Are you playing on PC? Jets are a little better there, but god, have they been ganked since Battlefield 1942 / Desert Combat. Like those jets I actually enjoyed flying because they took a ton of skill, these act more as hovercrafts with guns mounted on them.

They have been made too easy to fly. I do see that they are trying to make it more accessible, but coming from a Battlefield vet, I have a very strong "get off my lawn with your n00b'd jets" mentality that seems to get worse with every revision of Battlefield.

gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By gpbmike
    @Hopskotch Shooting down helicopters is pretty useful for those on the ground. You can also take out enemy armor. Just shoot everything. Can't go wrong.
    Hopskotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hopskotch

@gpbmike: Fair enough haha, shooting down helicopters is pretty rewarding

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Hopskotch: I believe that you want the rocket pods unlock. I'm told that they allow you to do significant damage to ground units.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Zelyre

@WickedCobra03 said:

Are you playing on PC? Jets are a little better there, but god, have they been ganked since Battlefield 1942 / Desert Combat. Like those jets I actually enjoyed flying because they took a ton of skill, these act more as hovercrafts with guns mounted on them.

They have been made too easy to fly. I do see that they are trying to make it more accessible, but coming from a Battlefield vet, I have a very strong "get off my lawn with your n00b'd jets" mentality that seems to get worse with every revision of Battlefield.

Or the choppers. The choppers in Desert Combat had an incredible learning curve. Just lifting off was too much for a lot of people. But, once you mastered it, you could thread your bird through a needle. You had to be able to hover or land to refill your weapons on helipads. Good times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.