Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

How To: Change your Origin ID. Tested and works!

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Zohar

Sorry if this is old news.

Most of you probably know that your Soldier ID is linked to your Origin ID and cannot be changed. That means if you made your Origin Login name something stupid like "xXMilky_goatnipples420Xx" that will be your Soldier's ID in-game. And you can never change it.

But wait. You can!

First download EA's Scrabble app on your Android or iOS device. Yeah, Scrabble, the crossword game.

Click on the Gear icon (was in the lower left on the Android version) and update your Origin details.

Voila! You now have a new Origin ID. Note: If your name is already taken it will give you an error message. Now you can finally make your name way cooler like "[420]SSJ_TreeBlazer_666<(*_*)>!"

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if this fucks up your shit. I already did this and changed my Origin ID successfully. If it doesn't work for you I don't know why.

mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mr_ace

my problem wasn't changing my origin ID, it was actually trying to find one that hasn't been taken allready, whihc is stupidly hard. I'm sure this will be handy though, cheers

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iDarktread
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

My problem was that I wanted xXMilky_goatnipples420Xx and couldn't get it!

mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mr_ace

@iDarktread: i know right, why the fuck EA can't do that blows my mind. If they want to try and take down steam, then they need to cut out bullshit like that. I had to use professor_ace as my origin id, because every fucking mr_ace combination under the sun was taken...

@TheKeyboardDemon: that's because i got it first

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.