Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

I have a Comp that can run BF3, but idk if i care anymore.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

I have a fairly new comp that will probably run BF3 at max smoothly once all the drivers are tuned in by ati, and dice. But i don't know if i care about first person military shooters anymore. I feel burned out even though yes, the graphics are orgasmic. I'm pretty sure the gun play will feel like Bad company 2, and destruction will be ramped up causing even more lag. The sound design will be the best yet, and with my sound card I'll marvel at hearing a rock slide down a hill. The scope will be reminiscent of BF2, with helicopters, jets, tanks, jeeps blowing up all over the map, including the commander post. But i still feel like I'll pay 60$, and me amazed for the first 30 minutes. Then on the 31st minute i'll fall back in to the regular military shooter rut, listening to people yelling how they've already made it to the mlg finals when the game just came out today.

On the other hand seeing Over Strike, expecting a letter of apology with the copy i will purchase for the horrid name, i felt excited. Something different with a little humor, and some fun insomniac weapons. Now yes i haven't seen any game play footage yet, but even so am still more excited for OverStrike then BF3. It seems even the hope of something different brings me more excitement then an orgasmically beautiful hardcore military shooter, with assured solid gun play.

Anyone else in the same boat? Tired of the drab grey world that is fps multiplayer today?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Tired of fps multiplayer shooters? Sure.

Does it matter with BF3? Fuck no. I'll play the hell out of that sucker.

sheira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sheira

If there is a game worth buying a new gfx card, it has to be BF3!

Hell yeah.

MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MySpaghet

Looks like an excellent excuse for a hardware upgrade, hurry up October

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

Nay, as soon as I fire DICE-crafted virtual weaponry at tangos, I'm gonna play a multi-hours session - everytime. Even when I play Medal of Honor.

Battlefield 3 will provide me with hundreds, if not tousands hours of entertainment - and I'll be passionate about every minute of it. Fiery love and hate.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azteck

I'm really sick of first person shooters, but BF3 is except from that because holy shit that game looks amazing.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By sjupp

Must say I found OverStrike to look extremely generic.. Just looked like a shooter with four different people and forced humor.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NickL

I seem like one of the few that has little to no nostalgia for battlefield games, so no, I probably won't play it until it goes on a deep sale. It is totally the military shooter fatigue for me, I would have bought this game a year or 2 ago.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @PhatSeeJay said:

what this man stated. 

@Sjupp said:

Must say I found OverStrike to look extremely generic.. Just looked like a shooter with four different people and forced humor.

the new Brothers in Arms had four characters too.. you don't believe me? read the title :P  (i know u did believe me) 

Bad Company 2 revolutionized shooter single player with their 4-man squad, now FlashPoint Red River, OverStrike, BIA:Furious 4 and a few more are copying it
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By groin

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Sjupp said:

the new Brothers in Arms had four characters too.. you don't believe me? read the title :P (i know u did believe me) Bad Company 2 revolutionized shooter single player with their 4-man squad, now FlashPoint Red River, OverStrike, BIA:Furious 4 and a few more are copying it

I hope you're being sarcastic about that 4-man squad nonsense. BC2 was hardly the first game to feature squad members and that game's singleplayer was more generic than any COD game. If you're discussing the single player of any Battlefield game then you're playing those games for the wrong reasons.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @groin:  

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By groin

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@groin:

I just had to make sure. You're obviously a BF3 fanboy. It's good to know it's not completely blind fanboyism.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @groin:  Haha ok. I was kidding with that pic btw
    liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By liquidmatt
    @PhatSeeJay said:

Basically sums it up nicely here. I'm not a big FPS fan in general, but for Battlefield I'll make an exception, the innovations they make make shooters how they should be.
    unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By unchained

I've passed on the last several Call of Duty's and Battlefields and most FPS.

I'm buying BF3 on PC day one. Game looks utterly incredible.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jetsetwillie

i don't just play FPS's so i don't get burnt out on them.  

sure there are a lot of them. its a popular genre and has been for over 2 decades so there will always be loads of FPS's. but i don't have to play them.  

it just so happens that BF3 will be one FPS is will play and play the fuck out of. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By mfpantst
    @Azteck said:
    I'm really sick of first person shooters, but BF3 is except from that because holy shit that game looks amazing.
    This
    J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By J12088

I think they made a mistake showing that tank footage. Sorry but that was boring as fuck. I hated the tank sections in BC2. 

Still buying it for the multiplayer...i just wish they'd actually you know, show us some proper footage and none of this flashing between scenes crap.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blueduck

Overstrike = Brute Force 2

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By invadernick

yeah I'm pretty tired of military shooters but not tired enough to give BF3 a go. Graphics look like nothing I've ever seen!

Atrithau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Atrithau

I'm not tired of gray modern shooters because I wasn't dumb enough to play any before a decent one released this generation.  
    Good to see EA still cares about the PC market. Sure, they're trying to deceive us into switching to Origin, but it's okay. Battlefield 3 looks great, and it has no regenerating health, or other casual bullshit. I think the majority of serious FPS players have been waiting for this game for years now. The only thing that could beat this for me is a good Republic Commando sequel, and that's never going to happen.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By imsh_pl

I haven't played an FPS since geez, Killzone 2? So I'll propably be picking this one up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.