Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Installing on xbox360

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I don't have the game yet but I should be getting it delivered fairly soon. I have a couple of questions about the install on 360.

If you install the game via the xbox dashboard do you still have to install the HD texture pack seperately?

If you install the game at the dashboard does it force you to install both the single player and multiplayer disks?

drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By drowsap

You have to install both disks and the HD texture pack also it took me 45 mins be for i could play but was worth it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird, i guess I'll just be installing the HD texture pack as my old xbox only has about 13gb of usable disk space.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just found out that the xbox install totals 15.5gb!! This is compared to 2gb on PS3 and only 11.6gb on PC. Nice one.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By BawlZINmotion

How the hell does it end up being large than the PC version?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's something to do with the weird was you have to install the image of the disk on 360. The 360 was never really designed to have game installs, it was patched in. I still think DICE could have gone about this better though, I don't even want to play the single player but for me to install the multiplayer disk alone is impossible. I only have 13gb of usable space from my 20gb xbox (for some fucked up reason).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

@kingando420 said:

I guess it's something to do with the weird was you have to install the image of the disk on 360. The 360 was never really designed to have game installs, it was patched in. I still think DICE could have gone about this better though, I don't even want to play the single player but for me to install the multiplayer disk alone is impossible. I only have 13gb of usable space from my 20gb xbox (for some fucked up reason).

The 360 harddrive formating is a joke. I had a 20gb and also was losing roughly 7gb of space to nothing. Since I've gotten the new 250gb slim and thats less of a pain to manage.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kandycane2029

@drowsap: 45 min., that's all? Took me almost 2 hours. But that added time was because of the large patch and my crappy internet connection.

@Humanity: I've already managed to fill my 250GB...

TengoJuego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TengoJuego

Wait, You have to install both discs in order to receive the HD textures? I can't receive the prompt to download the textures without installing that, second, single player disc? I'm still working with a 20GB HDD, and this would totally ruin this game for me, not being able to get those HD textures.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Aishan

@TengoJuego: You should be able to install just the HD pack.

TengoJuego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TengoJuego

I'd like a little more assurance, but I'll take it. Thanks for answering.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Lnin0

I installed the multiplayer disc from the dash before ever booting the game. I did not install single player disc but the first time I went into game or maybe campaign it promted me to put the mp disc back in so it could install the HD pack. So if I play campaign it streams from disc; multiplayer from hard drive.

Pretty sure you can stream everything with no HD pack, stream everything with HD pack installed or install any combination of multiplayer/single player discs you want.

MrZwij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrZwij

I installed only the HD pack and Disk 2 (the campaign disk). It actually seems to run just fine in multiplayer, although I'll install that soon as well, if for no other reason than to make it quieter and save on wear and tear on the DVD drive.

Some of the loading times in the campaign can be pretty long, so if you're going to do that (especially on Hard where you're dying a lot) I'd probably say you should install it. I really don't feel like you need to install the MP disk.

TengoJuego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TengoJuego

You definitely don't need to install either disc to receive the HD textures. Also, I've been told that the performance of the game is better uninstalled. Any truth to that, or is it just a placebo effect?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.