Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

PS3 Players - How is it?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Don't have my PS3 at the moment. So I would like to know what do you think of the BETA? How is the framerate especially. I know its capped at 30. But any noticable drops?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vorbis

FPS is fine, everything else is not. Squads don't work, voicechat doesn't work, ironsights sometimes don't work, weapon switching can get locked, falling through the floor happens often, vibrating guns when trying to prone and countless other things.

Waiting until they at least fix squads before going back.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Seppli

It's fine. Pretty close to the PC experience. Still lots of bugs in all versions though.

Not being able to mute people was extremely annoying. Hope that'll be sorted out by release.

Though I'm gonna stick to PC, since it runs super smoothly for me.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MrMazz

Its fine for me other thana couple annoying bugs nothing game breaking. Only real bad round I've had is where you could fall below the map real easy just had to quit out of that one.

My real gripe though is the fact I will have to play engineer for both sides to unlock sites and what not for each gun. Give me a unified class damnit I don't want to have a real good 74u becase I was placed on defend a bunch than be put on Offense and have to reunlock a bunch of stuff.

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Packie

@Vorbis said:

FPS is fine, everything else is not. Squads don't work, voicechat doesn't work, ironsights sometimes don't work, weapon switching can get locked, falling through the floor happens often, vibrating guns when trying to prone and countless other things.

yup, that's pretty much my experience. It still wasn't a deal breaker for me and I enjoyed it. My biggest problem is the map, sure I think Metro does a good job of changing the pace and style of the battle between every base. But it doesn't feel like proper Battlefield, you know huge ass maps, vehicles and buildings getting blown to shit. I wish they went with Caspian or any other conquest map.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onarum
    @Packie said:

@Vorbis said:

yup, that's pretty much my experience. It still wasn't a deal breaker for me and I enjoyed it. My biggest problem is the map, sure I think Metro does a good job of changing the pace and style of the battle between every base. But it doesn't feel like proper Battlefield, you know huge ass maps, vehicles and buildings getting blown to shit. I wish they went with Caspian or any other conquest map.

Yeah, the fact that they chose not to allow console players to try any conquest maps kind of worries me, do anyone know how limited will the console version of conquest be? way smaller maps and fewer players?
    nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By nohthink

Seems like most of the problems are "beta" problems not necessarily performance problems. Sold framerate is good enough.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emiel

I love it.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By artgarcrunkle

I just spawned on a squadmate and was promptly launched out of the map and killed.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

@Seppli said:

It's fine. Pretty close to the PC experience. Still lots of bugs in all versions though.

This, personally I'm having a blast but people perception is always different plus take in mind internet's hyperbole tendency.. anyway I would recommend to try the beta ASAP and figure it out if it fits your taste

@Vorbis said:

Party system is not working I assume it's going to work eventually, but yeah.. talking about hyperboles.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By mikey87144

Haven't fallen into the environment. The voice chat is spotty at best. Glad other people having the aiming issue. Thought I was the only one. The hit detection is also off.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By yakov456

Love it so far. Have not had many issues as of yet.

arcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By arcn

It's pretty good, the only thing I absolutely hate about it, is that  there's no way for me to mute other players, so I have to hear everyone's random mic noise every once in a while which distracts the hell out of me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I have played two matches and hated both, the game controls and looks worse than Bad Company 2. I understand this is a "Beta" so we will see in about a month how it all turns out.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zella

played 3 rounds and haven't had any major problems. Not being able to mute dudes is really annoying when one guy just says "HELLO!" over and over again, and a couple common "beta" glitches but nothing to serious.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm not getting too deep with the game during the beta. I'm not really talking and I don't care if I win or lose. I'm just getting a feel for the classes, movement speed, crotch, knife, spotting guys etc. As for frame rate it's fine and I have encountered no glitches so far.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spoonman671

Framerate is fine, but some of the controls are a little unresponsive.  The aiming feels a little wonky as well, but it might just be that I'm still not used to it.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By sagesebas

for me its not that fun I get shot without seeing anyone first and fell through the floor.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

@Bucketdeth said:

I have played two matches and hated both, the game controls and looks worse than Bad Company 2. I understand this is a "Beta" so we will see in about a month how it all turns out.

BF:BC2 had a real beta months before release. It didn't look much different in the final build.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RE_Player1

Is anyone planning on making a PS3 Giant Bomb platoon when this comes out?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zella

@RE_Player92 said:

I'm not getting too deep with the game during the beta. I'm not really talking and I don't care if I win or lose. I'm just getting a feel for the classes, movement speed, crotch, knife, spotting guys etc. As for frame rate it's fine and I have encountered no glitches so far.

I chuckled

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RE_Player1

@Zella said:

@RE_Player92 said:

I chuckled

That's what I get for typing on forums with only 3 hours of sleep in me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.