Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Xbox 360 servers

Riven126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Riven126

I've heard that certain servers are being shut down by EA for Battlefield 3 and that it's hard to find games. Is this true? I Was looking to pick it up soon since it dropped in price.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IroN1c

Not true at all. It was never hard to find games, people just complained that with the Server Update (which allows you to create your own custom game, renting servers) EA seemed to reduce the number of their official servers. But they've increased the number of official servers lately, so there´s more official servers than ever before.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I had it on 360 for a little while. There are still plenty of servers up, but there aren't a whole lot of good ones. A lot of them are running Metro 24/7 with 500% tickets, which is incredibly boring, or they're playing one of the bigger maps at half capacity. 24 is barely enough to fill up any given map and 12 just means you're running around and not coming across people often.

In short... Battlefield 3 on consoles can be fun but the community on there makes it really hard to do so. WHY ARE THE FREAKING 500% TICKET MAPS AND PROMISES OF QUADRUPLE XP SO GODDAMN POPULAR!?

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

@IroN1c said:

Not true at all. It was never hard to find games, people just complained that with the Server Update (which allows you to create your own custom game, renting servers) EA seemed to reduce the number of their official servers. But they've increased the number of official servers lately, so there´s more official servers than ever before.

I hope that EA has increased official servers, I haven't played in a few weeks cause I don't have Gold but once the 25th hits gunna get Armored Kill and I hope there's more official servers

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akyho

@aaronBLUEeyes said:

I hope that EA has increased official servers, I haven't played in a few weeks cause I don't have Gold but once the 25th hits gunna get Armored Kill and I hope there's more official servers

I traded in BF3 for the exact reason of 0 Official Servers existed when the server update went up.

There was an news articles on site reporting that Official Servers had come back for BF3 on the 360. That was a month ago, the current state may be the same or has changed for the worse.

CallumBrooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By CallumBrooks

The lack of official servers does not mean lack of games, it does however mean that the connection to games could not be as good, causing lag etc. The amount of empty servers is astonishing when you think of the prices!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.