Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 23, 2008

The venerable Battlefield franchise returns for its second console-only outing, this time with a fleshed out single player campaign and a new multiplayer game mode, Gold Rush.

Ending thoughts?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I thought it was pretty weak, and it's pretty damn obvious that they were gonna make a second one.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

That whole campaign was a fucking joke, the least Dice could of done was stack the achievements for beating the game different difficulties. Oh yeah and improving on the AI too, clearly they went into EA's amazing back catalog and used the same AI from MOH:AA.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

Well I'm just trying to get the singleplayer over with.  How long is it?  The game just pisses me off and I hate that if I play on hard I miss out on the trophies for playing on normal.  Good thing I only rented this.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

The ending was horrible, it seemed like it ended too soon and without much thought.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I never finished the single player.  Don't plan on it either.  I play Battlefield for the multiplayer, and I was satisfied with it plenty.

***waiting on the "ZOMFG BAD CO MULTIPLAYER WAS SO SHITTY comments***
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TheGodPoet

Didn't really like the story too much but the gameplay and the online was awesome. I wonder if people still play the online.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Of course they were gonna make a sequal its EA. as for that the game wasn't very good at all It was a bad Battle field game specially since destructable enviorments ruined it for me and the team spawning.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "destructable enviorments ruined it for me"
    I knew if the angry troll was fed, it would come out sooner or later.

I've seen this complaint from a lot of people, though, and to be honest, I don't understand it.  I'm kind of anxious about BF 1943 coming out and adding destrucible environments to old BF maps so people can see just how awesome is can make the game.  Maybe it's just because I played sooooo fucking much BF2 and 2142 that I got sick of saying "motherfuckers are hiding behind that wall sniping" and shit like that.

The multiplayer in Bad Company was very well made.  The only problem I had was that you could use explosives to destroy the gold crates, so you could just sit back and have your entire team shoot rockets at the crates, then keep moving forward.  Other than that, the addition of Conquest mode was pretty sweet...although the maps weren't really designed for that mode in the first place.  Gold Rush was an excellent multiplayer mode, however...and it definitely trumped what Frontlines was trying to do...even though I still liked what Frontlines offered in terms of upgrading during servers and the sway of the frontline during battles.
    "the team spawning."
    I will agree that the way they had squad spawning handled was pretty shitty, but there really isn't a better way of pulling it off.  I wish they would've given you a bit more command over the squad, but that's about it.  The real bitch was that you could only chat with your squad, so half the time, something was happening up ahead but you didn't know because no one could yell in your ear with a quick "HEY, DON'T FUCKING RUSH UP HERE".  lol

Outright calling it a "bad" Battlefield game when it holds an aggregate score in the mid-to-high 80s seems like a bit of a stretch...especially since there is still a strong and solid multiplayer base going for Bad Company on XBL and PSN.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

1.It only has a strong multiplayer because there is no choice in the matter most people have left Battlefield 2 the truely good game compared to this and if you want battlefield 2 type gameplay you have to play this.
    BAD is a subjective term for me Horrible is much different and i didn't call it horrible, For me horrible is what this game would be if it was on its own...ect As well I don't trust reviews much I've played a many low scoring low selling games that were true gems and played some 10/10 games from most review that weren't worth the toliet paper i use, Bad in that compared to other battlefield games Bad company doesn't stack up, specially since it didn't even ship with any thing other then one mode i believe and had to get conquest later on, the only thing keeping it from horrible is the Battlefield name for me a minimal amount of fun was had by me on this game.

2.Destructable enviorments make it so that most every one spams thanks or air strikes thus killing you I died more from tank fire, air strikes, rocket launchers and grenades in that game then i ever died from direct gun fire, sniper fire...ect  destructable enviorments in quite a few games ment that people often just hanged back with rocket launchers, air strikes, tanks and just shot the hell out of the gold crates and one engineer with a rocket launcher cannot readily take out a tank 2 to 3 are needed or rocket implacements and don't even get me on the over powered helicopters that are inanely hard to take out specially if the opponent really knows how to use them, and then the rocket implacements the one you can fly by wire they are glitched ill aim at a distant object or enemy fire it and it wont hit any where near them but handheld rocket launcher via engineer? ill hit my target most every time.

3.Team spawning I've never seen so many times where some dude will be on a crate ill kill him and then 3-4 of his teamates spawn ontop of me kill me and get the gold crate Or turned around i'll spawn on one of my team mates and be surrounded by 10 of the other team dieing all most instantly.

4.Most strategies involved were rushing foward as soon as you claimed a base since most of the time the enemy would be in respawn time or would still be at old base thus leaving you free and clear to set your charges on gold crates without any hinderance I played quite a few games where the enemy would simply spam tanks to kill the gold crates at first base *cannot remember the level name* and once they had a humvee or the like would rush to 2nd crates plant explosives and us trying to make our way back to said base or spawning there would usually be too late and they would be at the next base planting explosives by the time we spawned.

5.How am i a troll because i give an opinion? a troll would be a person that says you are all stupid for liking this game it sucks.
    I said the game wasn't very good at all i dont have to type IMO because its a given that its my opinion if thats trolling then your a troll jakob because you give your opinion on alot of things.
    Troll and smugness and whatever is your scapegoat when you don't agree with something, you use it way to much specially since you don't know what it means, I gave an opinion that doesn't make me a troll, Going out of your way to be offensive, stupid...ect and hurt others feelings for liking a thing is being a troll.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "1.It only has a strong multiplayer because there is no choice in the matter most people have left Battlefield 2 the truely good game compared to this and if you want battlefield 2 type gameplay you have to play this.
    BAD is a subjective term for me Horrible is much different and i didn't call it horrible, For me horrible is what this game would be if it was on its own...ect As well I don't trust reviews much I've played a many low scoring low selling games that were true gems and played some 10/10 games from most review that weren't worth the toliet paper i use, Bad in that compared to other battlefield games Bad company doesn't stack up, specially since it didn't even ship with any thing other then one mode i believe and had to get conquest later on, the only thing keeping it from horrible is the Battlefield name for me a minimal amount of fun was had by me on this game.

2.Destructable enviorments make it so that most every one spams thanks or air strikes thus killing you I died more from tank fire, air strikes, rocket launchers and grenades in that game then i ever died from direct gun fire, sniper fire...ect  destructable enviorments in quite a few games ment that people often just hanged back with rocket launchers, air strikes, tanks and just shot the hell out of the gold crates and one engineer with a rocket launcher cannot readily take out a tank 2 to 3 are needed or rocket implacements and don't even get me on the over powered helicopters that are inanely hard to take out specially if the opponent really knows how to use them, and then the rocket implacements the one you can fly by wire they are glitched ill aim at a distant object or enemy fire it and it wont hit any where near them but handheld rocket launcher via engineer? ill hit my target most every time.

3.Team spawning I've never seen so many times where some dude will be on a crate ill kill him and then 3-4 of his teamates spawn ontop of me kill me and get the gold crate Or turned around i'll spawn on one of my team mates and be surrounded by 10 of the other team dieing all most instantly.

4.Most strategies involved were rushing foward as soon as you claimed a base since most of the time the enemy would be in respawn time or would still be at old base thus leaving you free and clear to set your charges on gold crates without any hinderance I played quite a few games where the enemy would simply spam tanks to kill the gold crates at first base *cannot remember the level name* and once they had a humvee or the like would rush to 2nd crates plant explosives and us trying to make our way back to said base or spawning there would usually be too late and they would be at the next base planting explosives by the time we spawned.

5.How am i a troll because i give an opinion? a troll would be a person that says you are all stupid for liking this game it sucks.
    I said the game wasn't very good at all i dont have to type IMO because its a given that its my opinion if thats trolling then your a troll jakob because you give your opinion on alot of things.
    Troll and smugness and whatever is your scapegoat when you don't agree with something, you use it way to much specially since you don't know what it means, I gave an opinion that doesn't make me a troll, Going out of your way to be offensive, stupid...ect and hurt others feelings for liking a thing is being a troll.
    "
    How long did it take to get all that pubic hair to grow from your chin?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187

People left Battlefield 2?!  When?  That's one of the top games that we have here at the gaming center, and there's NEVER a problem finding a match anywhere...nor finding a clan!!!  That seriously makes me question how much experience you have with Battlefield 2, 2142, or Bad Company.

I'm no pro at BF2 when it comes down to killing (especially since I was usually the designated Medic for my team since I was good at getting into sticky situations and reviving folks...which meant more dying than killing anyways), but I played the shit out of the game.  Unfortunately, I quit playing before the rank nerf (where you didn't have to get nearly as many points to get ranked up) and switched off to Guild Wars.  Also, I'm aware of my time played on Karkand...but seriously, who the fuck plays the other maps?  Karkand is pretty much the perfect map!!!

As for your destructible environments issue...saying that all you saw were grenade and explosive spams...
    ...um, did you PLAY Battlefield 2...or hell, even Call of Duty 4 or W@W?  Have you even played Halo 3?  It's nothing but grenade and explosive spams for half of the match!!!  WELCOME TO FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS, WILLIAM!!!  All they involve nowadays is spray 'n' pray + spam explosives.  Claymores, grenades, Bouncing Betties...whatever you have.  Therefore, Battlefield decided to take advantage of that mentality.

Team spawning...again...I completely agreed that it was a shitty setup.  They need to find a way of fixing that with Bad Company 2.  I just don't see how they can other than offering up the menu on the map between each death, but then you would have to put in the squad control menu scheme from BF2 and...well...the more you get into it, the more you can see just how exhausting of a task it can become.  Therefore, I can't even think of how to improve it beyond just a standard spawning setup like Call of Duty...which kind of defeats the purpose of the game being a Battlefield game.

The strategies you talk about are the same strategies I faced, and the counter is going anti-tank or something with a laser designation that drops a bomb.  The more you play, the better you get at taking that stuff out.  Therefore, from what you said, I'm going to assume that you just refused to roll anti-tank...like I've seen with most people that complain about explosive ordiance in any game.  There were plenty of times that I saw that strat come up against my teams, and we were usually able to trump it by simply showing teamwork rather than complaining about it.

As for being a troll...eh.  It doesn't hurt me any being called a troll.  I mean, hell...I've got the gut and the giant lager glass to go with it.  = D  However, I can't think of too many times that you've offered an opinion on the forums that was actually positive...or wasn't tearing someone down.  =  /

But whatever.  I'm not going to be able to convince anyone to go back and play Bad Company with an open-mind if they don't want to.  I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant or even decent experience with the game.  After hitting Rank 23, I ended up moving back over to Call of Duty 4 for a while just because my brother didn't enjoy Bad Company at all either...and frankly, games just aren't as fun when you don't have your buddies and family members raping face with you.  lol

I would urge you, however, to give the game another shot instead of just tearing it down based on what seems like a very limited amount of time with it.  There have been a lot of good updates added to the game, as well as new map packs (free map packs, I might add).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.