Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beer

Object » linked to 189 games

Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from water, barley, hops and brewer's yeast. It is the number one cause of hangovers, poor decisions, and one-night stands in human history, but we always manage to forgive it because it loves us.

Making beer

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By sociald1077

For me, there is nothing quite like making beer. I have only done it a couple of times, but it really is something that I enjoy doing, and can see myself doing for a very long time to come. One part of the reason I love it so much is that I love beer to begin with. All the different styles, flavors and interpretations give it a depth that I have not experienced with many other things.

Another reason I like it is the connection to history it has. Beer is one of the oldest alcoholic beverages made, with nearly 5000 years of history behind it. From the Egyptians and Babylonians to the Germans and the Reinheitsgebot, and on to today's micro and homebrews, it really makes me feel connected. 

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sociald1077

For me, there is nothing quite like making beer. I have only done it a couple of times, but it really is something that I enjoy doing, and can see myself doing for a very long time to come. One part of the reason I love it so much is that I love beer to begin with. All the different styles, flavors and interpretations give it a depth that I have not experienced with many other things.

Another reason I like it is the connection to history it has. Beer is one of the oldest alcoholic beverages made, with nearly 5000 years of history behind it. From the Egyptians and Babylonians to the Germans and the Reinheitsgebot, and on to today's micro and homebrews, it really makes me feel connected. 

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I would love to try my own home brew sometime. Just wish I had the room though, unless I made a small batch.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b

I want to make some spirits, in the next few years.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sociald1077: You should set up your own speakeasy and sit behind the counter all day wearing a top hat and a monocle while polishing beer glasses for your law-dodging customers. That would be so badass.
    mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mrfizzy
    @sociald1077: iv always wanted to try and do it. always thought it was too messy tho. also, my parents may not appreciate me doing it in their home :S. 
    Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Agreed, sociald!  There's so many different ways you can do it, so many styles and so many variations of styles, it's hard to imagine getting bored.  Main issue I suppose would be time.  Extract is pretty quick, all-grain can take all day, but sometimes that's a good thing too.   

For anyone curious about the process, I documented brewing a batch of stout at  home last fall and stuck it on my blog.  Feel free.  That stuff turned out to taste almost exactly like Guinness after a couple months in the bottle, though without the cool nitrogen bubbles. 

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sociald1077
    @JJWeatherman:  Actually, a buddy and I are seriously looking into making our own bar. He's a cook and I will run the bar.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrPockets000

I'm craving beer now.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sociald1077 said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  Actually, a buddy and I are seriously looking into making our own bar. He's a cook and I will run the bar. "
    That's awesome. Good luck getting that started. Seems like it could be a lot of work.
    sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sociald1077
    @JJWeatherman:  Lol, thats why this is a long term plan involving getting a business degree and paying off all current debt and having a really solid base. Hard work, but in the end worth it.
    Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Liono88

Not only is homemade beer epic. Your trying to start your own bar, Hire Danny Devito and hy-jinx will follow. On a serious note that is a great plan hope it all goes to plan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.