Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Besiege

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 18, 2020

Besiege is a physics based building game in which you construct medieval siege engines and lay waste to immense fortresses and peaceful hamlets.

PSA: You CAN rebind individual parts to different keys

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Something that I didn't realize when I started playing and neither did the duders in the QL was that you can bind specific parts to specific keys (and in some cases change some other settings, like wheel speed). The tutorial mentions this feature VERY briefly in passing, but the implications are SIGNIFICANT. With this ability, you can

• Bind the left and right side wheels to different buttons, giving your vehicle tank controls that don't need fragile steering hinges/pivots
    • Make your vehicle faster by setting the wheels to spin twice as fast
    • Control/aim a weapon with a steering hinge or pivot that doesn't interfere with your actual steering
    • Set cannons into firing groups so they don't all go off at once

This is really a crucial feature that I feel is not conveyed clearly enough. Maybe you all figured it out immediately and I'm just dumb, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

The way you set the key bindings is with the little wrench icon at the top of the screen. Click on that, then click on a part. It'll bring up a menu showing the key bindings and settings for that part. With your mouse over a listed key ("Up" for example), press whatever other key you want to use for that 1 part (like "W" for WASD controls or numpad 7 for the left side wheels on a tank).

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I feel like the tutorial needs to explain stuff like that way better, because watching Drew play through the tutorial (which for him was the 2nd time), that functionality is not particularly apparent.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By brandondryrock

This changes everything! I bought it after watching the quick look, but I couldn't get passed some levels because I tried to add pivots and it kept causing my siege weapon to fall apart. Thanks for the tip!

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was able to figure this out fairly early on just by hovering my mouse over the various options to understand what everything does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.