Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond: Two Souls

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

An interactive supernatural thriller from the studio behind Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. It tells the story of Jodie Holmes, a girl with mysterious psychokinetic abilities.

Beyond Two Souls - PS4 edition thoughts?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnLocke

Hi all,

I am a little curious about how fellow duders (is that something still used on Gaintbomb?), I am wondering how many of you may be picking up Beyond Two Souls on PlayStation 4?

Do you feel the changes (graphics and I believe extra content) will make this worth picking up on PlayStation 4? Any PS3 players going to upgrade? Anybody played it or picking it up when it comes out?

Just wanted to hear some initial thoughts on this as it looks interesting.

Thank you.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disclaimer: I really enjoyed Beyond on the PS3 even when I felt some of the story fell a bit flat.

I played through the remixed PS4 version yesterday and the story flows much better.
    It plays like the original until you finish the experiment where they introduce the Aiden mechanics. Then they jump back in time to the beginning and you go chronologically from there. I imagine people who play the remixed version and haven't played the original will get a little confused here since Jodie is still a little girl and there are no title cards to tell you when in time any scenes happen (the loading screen timeline is gone wihch is weird, but loading between scenes takes two seconds which is great)

The most spoilery scenes are still in the same spot they were in the original to not ruin the story I imagine.
    Since it goes mostly chronologically some of the action scenes happen before they teach you the fighting mechanics and in those cases they've added arrows on screen.

It looks great and I didn't notice any hitches or drops in FPS at all which happened quite a bit in the PS3 version.
    They've added a "what you chose to do" screen between scenes with percentages to show you how many others chose the same thing as you.

The extra stuff is just the DLC that was on the PS3. A 15 minute training mission that takes place in Portal style testing rooms and a whole bunch of "making of.." videos, and concept art of course.

This is still a great game that flows a bit better now.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Does Willem Dafoe's face look shinier on that newfangled PS4?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have appreciated it even more if it had Heavy Rain with it. Now i'm like i'll buy it... one day.

TheBadYetiMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have appreciated it even more if it had Heavy Rain with it. Now i'm like i'll buy it... one day.

There's a physical Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls pack coming out in like a few months. They were supposed to launch together but Heavy Rain has been causing them issues. If you don't care about physical, buying the Beyond Two Souls PS4 version on the PSN store gets you a discount when the remastered Heavy Rain comes out

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer said:

There's a physical Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls pack coming out in like a few months. They were supposed to launch together but Heavy Rain has been causing them issues. If you don't care about physical, buying the Beyond Two Souls PS4 version on the PSN store gets you a discount when the remastered Heavy Rain comes out

I honestly didn't know about this!

A free version is always better than a discount code. That will be my game.

TheBadYetiMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebadyetiman said:
    @giant_gamer said:

I honestly didn't know about this!

A free version is always better than a discount code. That will be my game.

Here's the deets btw

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/19/beyond-two-souls-coming-to-ps4-on-nov-24th-heavy-rain-out-next-year/

Heavy Rain PS4 is expected to have digital release March 1st, the retail two pack is likely around the same time

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It sounds like the actual game is better, but the Digital Foundry analysis left me pretty sour on the visuals. There's a very, very hefty motion blur and depth of field applied to everything and it looks muddy and really unappealing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.