Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond: Two Souls

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

An interactive supernatural thriller from the studio behind Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. It tells the story of Jodie Holmes, a girl with mysterious psychokinetic abilities.

Willam DeFoe (Spoilers ahoy!)

flameboi01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really liked him in this game but I wish he didn't turn into a mediocre crazy person at the end, WHY MUST HE HAVE THE FACE OF EVIL?

Seriously though, they had legitimately subverted my thoughts of him not being a crazy person in my playthrough (he played a solid father figure replacement with Cole) I thought him and Cole would be cool throughout the game until she ghost talked his wife and daughter, then I was a bit disappointed (especially after he showed up at the DPA headquarters) Anyways, one day he will play a role where he doesnt turn out to be a bad dude at the end.

Still this was a pretty rad game all things considered.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This game and The Last of Us have been my favorite 2 games of the year.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

He's far from evil. I might be forgetting something as there's a ton of crazy shit happen at the end of the game, but it seemed like Dawkins was ok with letting Jodie go. It was the general that was interested in turning her into a vegetable. Dawkins was just consumed with grief for all those years from the loss of his family. He saw Jodie as a way to make his family whole again. he wasn't intentionally hurting his ghost family he genuinely though that what he was doing was right... that's why in my game he shot himself in the head.

flameboi01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: My issues with Dawkins really come from a "He should know better" place, he's seen what the container thing has done in the past and yet he has not only helped (or at least let) the government build a bigger one, he's captured his family with a subset of the bad technology. As soon as he had turned it out the wife and kid are obviously not in a good place and hes totally delusional to that fact which doesnt seem like something a proper scientist would do.

Also I'm pretty sure he shoots himself no matter what you do...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@flameboi01: Grief sometimes makes people do very silly things.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: My issues with Dawkins really come from a "He should know better" place, he's seen what the container thing has done in the past and yet he has not only helped (or at least let) the government build a bigger one, he's captured his family with a subset of the bad technology. As soon as he had turned it out the wife and kid are obviously not in a good place and hes totally delusional to that fact which doesnt seem like something a proper scientist would do.

Also I'm pretty sure he shoots himself no matter what you do...

Nah, he actually can end up killing Ryan and then you(or Aiden) have to kill him, I believe. But I didn't believe him to be evil by any means, just incredibly delusional and grief-stricken. I felt more bad for him than anything.

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flameboi01: He doesn't always shoot himself. In my game he got shot in a struggle between him and Clayton.

flameboi01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By flameboi01

@gunstarred: Fair enough, I suppose.

Didn't know he doesnt always kill himself though, thats interesting. Video games ya'll...

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Jedted

Toward the end i definitely got the feeling he'd been huffing the Goblin gas. At least he had the chance to redeem himself in the end though.

Fantastic performance by Mr. Dafoe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.