Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Can someone explain this really confusing mind-fudge situation?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This thread spoils the Laney quest "The Cold Shoulder."

Aight so I get the quest,  

go to the Fridge where all those rat people live 
      go to the Fridge where all those rat people live 

gather flowers, magazines and pizza slices for Laney from the frozen lake with the crystal monsters 
    gather flowers, magazines and pizza slices for Laney from the frozen lake with the crystal monsters 

then place them in front of the big gate, which causes her to come out and fight me.   
     then place them in front of the big gate, which causes her to come out and fight me.   
    Then after killing her I tell myself what the hell let's explore this place,  
     I find Laney's and her midget minions' cosy room with sweet small beds. 
    I find Laney's and her midget minions' cosy room with sweet small beds. 
    And I keep going for about 10-15 minutes into the depth of this building killing tens of all sizes of Rat men, until I enter Rakkman's layer (don't have the quest for him yet, probably gonna fight him again when I get it but what the hell), and as I fight him he decides to disappear.  
      So I continue exploring after Rakkman disappears and, right outside his lair, I fall off a gap in the path.
      So I continue exploring after Rakkman disappears and, right outside his lair, I fall off a gap in the path.

And then the mindfucking begins.

I fell to the very first part of the map right outside the travel station, and regardless of the disgusting fact that all the enemies I killed when I entered this place IN THE SAME PLAYSESSION WITHOUT EVEN TRAVELLING AWAY are all spawned back already, all the loot boxes are untouched. The gate doesn't look the same, the barrels on the outside are gone.

I enter the gate and the cosy room with the small beds is gone.  *DUN DUN DUNNNNN*

I run through the place again and it's completely fucking different on the interior! 
      I run through the place again and it's completely fucking different on the interior! 

Then the biggest mindfuck is that I reached the gap where I fell the first time, but it's NOT Rakkman's lair that leads to it anymore. Just a regular room that looks different. 

I looked all over the map and there are no two gates, it's the same damn gate. 
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT? I just alt tabbed out of the game and started drinking mad water.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well where you dropped down after Rackman is perfectly normal, i've been that route many times (btw Rackman reappears after you open his chest and several seconds and you can finish him, there is no quest for him).

Enemies respawning is also normal, they do so naturally after a long time passes.

The rest is you probably overdoing the booze.

Quit out, sober up, and then try to reload?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

Seriously if I had to guess you probably went through goemetry somewhere or somehow triggered the previous buried map assets leftover after development.

(kind of like say old Ironforge in WoW, there are other examples of this in various games too, just can't recall them off the top of my head)

I love this kind of cool stuff :)

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Tennmuerti

Seriously if I had to guess you probably went through goemetry somewhere or somehow triggered the previous buried map assets leftover after development.

(kind of like say old Ironforge in WoW, there are other examples of this in various games too, just can't recall them off the top of my head)

I love this kind of cool stuff :)

One of the GTA games buried the entire area for its intro and you could fly to it with Chet's (the GTA that had the dodo plane in it)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.