Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Breath of Fire

Franchise »

An RPG franchise following the adventures of a boy named Ryu, who can turn into a dragon. Though all games in the Franchise have you playing as Ryu none are the same Ryu. Other characters also reappear in different iterations in the games in this franchise.

Fave Character? and possible VI?

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DiscoLights

Nina Wyndia..Amazing!

Anyway, has anyone else been hearing the whispers of a 6th installment?
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tanuki

I don't know anything about a 6th installment... but after that weird Dragon Quarter game... I'd be pretty sceptical.  As for my favorite character, well, of course it's Nina.  She's awesome!

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DiscoLights

It was mentioned on some podcast, i'd have to dig it back up....i believe it is meant to be on the 360. And the guys behind the project said that they wanna take their time on this one, due to the poor reception of V

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tanuki
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

Yeah, but IV wasn't good either. I do think that 3 is probable one of the greatest game's I've ever played. And 2 was also pretty good. On the other hand 4 was weak in every aspect, it felt more of a chore than fun to finish it. I haven't played Dragon Quarter, but I do hope the put more installments in the series.

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DiscoLights

I agree....I Loved 3....I think if the series continues it should be rebooted from the beginning...Give nina back her wings and all that good stuff when they still had an infinite supply of magic

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By and333

Ryu of course! Specfially the Breathof fire Dragon Quarter Ryu cause thats my favorite game in the series go ahead flame me!

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DiscoLights

How was that one??? Just reading about it was depressing, not to mention the graphics 

Avatar image for gordonfreeman1500
    GordonFreeman1500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By GordonFreeman1500

RYU,
     because he has blue hair of course.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By and333
    DiscoLights said:
    "How was that one??? Just reading about it was depressing, not to mention the graphics "
    Are you talking about Dragon Quarter?
    DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DiscoLights
    and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    "How was that one??? Just reading about it was depressing, not to mention the graphics "
    Are you talking about Dragon Quarter?"
    si
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By and333
    DiscoLights said:
    "and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    si"
    I don't know whats up with people dragon quarter was not that bad! and I never hear any valid reasons for why people didn't like it and i'm all for listening to them if i'm given them. I really liked it cause it was a huge dif from the rest of the series and if 6 is just like the old ones i'll be extremly disappointed cause I want the series to evolve not stay the same!
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By oldschool

I am not one for having favourite characters generally speaking, but I did love the 2 GBA versions and yes, the PS2 Dragon Quarter one.

I am much more interested in remakes for the DS, or completely new as well, both good.  Then I want a Wii instalment, gain, a remake or a new number.

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DiscoLights
    and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    "and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    si"
    I don't know whats up with people dragon quarter was not that bad! and I never hear any valid reasons for why people didn't like it and i'm all for listening to them if i'm given them. I really liked it cause it was a huge dif from the rest of the series and if 6 is just like the old ones i'll be extremly disappointed cause I want the series to evolve not stay the same!"
    My problem just looking at it was Nina. She has been and will always be my fave of the series, so seeing her being a step above crippled  was highly disappointing. I think it was too great of a leap that i wasn't ready for yet.
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By and333
    DiscoLights said:
    "and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    "and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    si"
    I don't know whats up with people dragon quarter was not that bad! and I never hear any valid reasons for why people didn't like it and i'm all for listening to them if i'm given them. I really liked it cause it was a huge dif from the rest of the series and if 6 is just like the old ones i'll be extremly disappointed cause I want the series to evolve not stay the same!"
    My problem just looking at it was Nina. She has been and will always be my fave of the series, so seeing her being a step above crippled  was highly disappointing. I think it was too great of a leap that i wasn't ready for yet."
    Understood she was really frail but in turn they made Ryu hella strong. Plus Nina could kick ass with magic in that game, it was just she couldn't take a hit both in and out of battle!
    DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DiscoLights

Like in 4 we left nina with her magic declining and all that...Understandable...but she seemed to be at half a tank in 4 and then completely depleted in 5 [her having to use fake wings] that didn't bode well.........so if/when VI continues on i hope that it finds some pleasant middle ground between the drastic differences the 2 games.

RYU was extra strong??? how did that happen?
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By and333
    DiscoLights said:
    "Like in 4 we left nina with her magic declining and all that...Understandable...but she seemed to be at half a tank in 4 and then completely depleted in 5 [her having to use fake wings] that didn't bode well.........so if/when VI continues on i hope that it finds some pleasant middle ground between the drastic differences the 2 games.

"
    Well it seemed like he was extra strong, becuase his dragon form was really uncontrollable so much to the point if you used it to much it would take over his body and give you a gameover! I don't remember the dragon forms ever taking over your body in the old games.
    DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DiscoLights
    and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:
    "Like in 4 we left nina with her magic declining and all that...Understandable...but she seemed to be at half a tank in 4 and then completely depleted in 5 [her having to use fake wings] that didn't bode well.........so if/when VI continues on i hope that it finds some pleasant middle ground between the drastic differences the 2 games.

"
    Well it seemed like he was extra strong, becuase his dragon form was really uncontrollable so much to the point if you used it to much it would take over his body and give you a gameover! I don't remember the dragon forms ever taking over your body in the old games."
    another reason why i didn't buy the game. lol
    This is the podcast...scroll down to "TOP SECRET FILE 004"

http://bioniccommando.com/en/podcasts
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By and333
    DiscoLights said:
    "and333 said:
    "DiscoLights said:

"
    Well it seemed like he was extra strong, becuase his dragon form was really uncontrollable so much to the point if you used it to much it would take over his body and give you a gameover! I don't remember the dragon forms ever taking over your body in the old games."
    another reason why i didn't buy the game. lol
    This is the podcast...scroll down to "TOP SECRET FILE 004"

http://bioniccommando.com/en/podcasts
    "
    Yah but that gives the game a challenge!
    lilbooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By lilbooshy

I've heard rumors of #6.  I hope it's true, and not console exclusive.  That happens too much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.