Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 07, 2013

Two brothers are on a search for a cure for their dying father.

Steam version: Anyone else having problems?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

So I bought the Steam version and have played a short ways into the game, sadly it's crashed on me three times already and seems to be related to the save or continuing a game. Anyone else been having any similar issues? Really hope this is fixed because it's a breathtakingly beautiful game so far.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Oh, that sucks. I was thinking of picking this up just to enjoy a higher res version (I've already beaten the 360 version and I think the design of the world is outstanding). Guess I'll wait on it a bit

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I played through it yesterday and the only problem I had was in one scene with the dad the textures for two carpets that were in the house were missing, and in their place were only black spaces. They were back in a later scene though.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Only problem ive noticed so far is a slight stutter when it saves, otherwise its running fine.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jimmyfenix

Any news on the PS3 version ?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No crashing or save issues yet; just a scripting bug. I looked at a statue shortly after where the Quick Look ends and I was stuck forever staring at the statue while my big bro spazzed out. I needed to eat, anyway. Great game so far. Maybe it's just me, guys, but I honestly can't see anything surpassing this game before the year's done.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By korwin

Nope, only played about an hour of it so far but it's completely fine from what I can tell.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: There is a fix for now. Basically you need to create a new Windows admin user account and play it from there. That's what I did and it seems to be working now, saving and reloading without crashing.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Update: There is a fix for now. Basically you need to create a new Windows admin user account and play it from there. That's what I did and it seems to be working now, saving and reloading without crashing.

Wouldn't elevating your own account to full admin achieve the same results? Also why don't you have admin privileges already?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By probablytuna

Played for less than an hour and it hasn't crashed on me yet.

Edit: Ran into that bug that was also in the quick look.... Thought they would've tried to fix that for the PC/PS3 release. Guess not.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

@machofantastico said:

Wouldn't elevating your own account to full admin achieve the same results? Also why don't you have admin privileges already?

My main account as admin privileges and it was still crashing, so I have no idea what difference creating a separate admin account had but it worked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.