Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released 1990

A Gold Box-style RPG set in Earth's near future. The dominance of the Russo-American Mercantile is put off balance by the emergence of a hero from the past. Now the player characters continue the struggle to free humanity (in its many forms) from RAM oppression.

Buck Rogers should be done up with the Infinity Engine

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I'm a bit old fashioned I guess, but I'd like for Buck Rogers, or some sort of science fiction, to get remade using the old Infinity Engine they used for Baldur's Gate.  Not sure how much doing that would be, though.  I'm guessing the Infinity Engine, despite it being out for a while, still has a lot of layers in between a random game designer and an actual coder.

Maybe the Neverwinter Nights thing would be better?  I guess, although I don't have a lot of love for NN's 3-D camera wrestling.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DEVILinIRON

That's a great idea.  I loved this game back in the day!  It would be neat to see a re-make.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ATrevelan

I rented this for the Genesis once when I was young and had NO CLUE what to do. The SSI-made games were no joke. 

I absolutely love this one now; I have the DOS version installed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.