Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Revenge

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 13, 2005

The fourth installment of the Burnout series of high-octane street racing games, focusing more on aggressive racing with new forms of car combat, including the ability to ram same-way traffic into other racers.

Mind helping me out with an achievement?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Celebrity Status!65G
    Online Superstar! Bagged by getting a Clip in the Top 20 Downloads!

As far as I can tell this still works; the most recent clip in the top 20 is dated 27/4/2013 and only had 16 downloads. With a little coordination a bunch of us could get this.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

On second thought, maybe not. Achievements in this game are near impossible as it is, I guess the extra 65 points on top of the hundred or so that I already have isn't going to do much for my ego.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

I bet if you hit up the Xbox360Achievements community they'd be better equipped to work together.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

@evilnights: Here's what someone over there said:

This can be boosted solo. I used a silver account to boost my main. Make a clip and share it. Use a silver account that you have friended. Login with the silver account and view the clip. before it finishes loading logout of the silver account. You will be kicked back to the title screen. Log back in and repeat. I had to do this 45 times, took about an hour or less. Once your in the top 20 login in with your main account. look at the top 20 and it will pop the chievo

Make sure you remove the clip once you have boosted so it removes it from the top 20 after getting the chievo.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

From what I'm to understand, the Burnout Revenge servers aren't even up anymore, so I doubt you can even get this one.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

@jakob187 said:

From what I'm to understand, the Burnout Revenge servers aren't even up anymore, so I doubt you can even get this one.

The video-sharing still works (like I said, some of the current top 20 vids are from this month), it's the online play that's gone.

In the end I decided to give up on it though. It's not like this was the one achievement I was missing since the achievements in that game are ridiculously hard and after about 30 hours playing that game I've only gotten a handful. It's just an amusing idea to have dumb novelty achievements like that. But yeah, making some weird metagame around manipulating the system is more effort than it's worth.

Kind of a shame, really. I decided to pop in Burnout Paradise to see if it was worth mopping up any of the missed stuff in there, and after an hour decided I couldn't handle the structure of it any more; time hasn't been kind to that game on a number of levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.