Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

Is anyone still playing this on PS4

downloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just bought a PS4 as my first gaming-capable machine in years. I have been having a great time with Battlefield 4, but after watching the CoD BlOps 3 Quick Look I am in the mood for some Call of Duty like I haven't been in a long time. It seems like Advanced Warfare is considered to be a better game, though, and I would be happy to pick it up as a cheaper alternative but I want to make sure people are still playing the MP. Battlefield 4 is still really active after several years of being out because people consider it to be the better Battlefield game between BF4 and Hardline. Was hoping the same might happen here - can anyone weigh in on this issue?

Thanks!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@downloaded said:

It seems like Advanced Warfare is considered to be a better game, though

Oh no. No, no, no, no. No. Jeff thinks so, but I couldn't disagree more, and I've heard the same from so / many / others lately that it's not even funny. I'm subscribed to several Destiny you tubers who started with COD, went to Destiny PVP when the most recent COD games weren't any fun for them, and BO3 is the game that is getting them to return to COD.

The problem is AW doesn't come close to having traditional COD gameplay, which is why I enjoyed it at first, and ended up hating it later. There's no cover with the map design, so it feels like you can be constantly shot from any angle at any time. I played the Black Ops III beta for longer than I did AW, and now that the full game is out, I've been enjoying COD again like I haven't in years.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@downloaded said:

It seems like Advanced Warfare is considered to be a better game, though

Oh no. No, no, no, no. No. Jeff thinks so, but I couldn't disagree more, and I've heard the same from so / many / others lately that it's not even funny. AW doesn't come close to having traditional COD gameplay, which is why I enjoyed it at first, and ended up hating it later. There's no cover with the map design, so it feels like you can be constantly get shot from any angle at any time. I played the Black Ops III beta for longer than I did AW, and now that the full game is out, I've been enjoying COD again like I haven't in years.

Indeed, AW is the better game, but it all comes down to personal preference. Some people like to use the white layout on the site.. and.. as disturbing as it is we must respect their choices. Some people like Black Ops 3 more than Advances Warfare - if anything BO3 does timidly try to mix up the formula more than it's predecessors.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity said:

Some people like to use the white layout on the site.. and.. as disturbing as it is we must respect their choices.

I like the black site, and I like Black Ops. :P

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Atto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was wondering this also. So are there still a decent amount of people playing this game? It would be a nice concession since I don't know how much COD I'll really play and Advanced Warfare is on sale right now.

Akufen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@downloaded: rebought it today, Akufen_PS on PSN. See you online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.