Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

Zombies will return, but there's a catch...

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'll be DLC

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/03/cod-advanced-warfare-season-pass-confirms-zombies-mode?abthid=5456d82f43df29f07200000f

Apologies for not posting details, I don't know how to [QUOTE] on this site.

I do have to say, from a business perspective, this is absolutely genius.

I usually shy away from COD season passes, since the moment a new entry drops, the old one is pretty much obsolete, but I may just have to grab this one.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Original_Hank

Are these advanced zombies? I want like a classic t-800 looking thing.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It should be Zombie Cyborgs.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude....I would kill for a Terminator mode set in the future in a CoD game.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh... As an avid cod zombies player, this really angers me. Stop jerking us around for extra money. Now I have to wait for the game to drop low enough in price to validate buying the dlc to play zombies.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Jeff will be happy.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Godly.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I don't care about zombies (or this game really) but I think that's super shitty. I know a lot of people really care about that mode and telling them pay $110 to play it kind of sucks.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By conmulligan
    @milkman said:

I don't care about zombies (or this game really) but I think that's super shitty. I know a lot of people really care about that mode and telling them pay $110 to play it kind of sucks.

Yeah, I've never cared about any of the co-op stuff in Call of Duty, but for some people it's the only reason to play those games. They should really just split the Zombies mode out into its own game, or sell it as a standalone expansion like Freedom Cry. Shit, they'd probably even make more money that way.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By me3639

At least they arent making figurines or baby toys, or whatever you call them.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I really wish they would just spin off the zombies mode into its own game already and take it out of the main games. I can't stand the mode myself and I know people who would love it and would love to have a totally fleshed out, or at least expanded version of it.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$50??? This is and has gotten out of hand. Even EA hasn't been this bad

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@milkman said:

Yeah, I've never cared about any of the co-op stuff in Call of Duty, but for some people it's the only reason to play those games. They should really just split the Zombies mode out into its own game, or sell it as a standalone expansion like Freedom Cry. Shit, they'd probably even make more money that way.

Indeedly. I've never cared about any Call of Duty game really, though I've always been intrigued in the zombie survival stuff and would gladly get in on that if it was released as a separate stand alone thing.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@conmulligan said:
    @milkman said:

Indeedly. I've never cared about any Call of Duty game really, though I've always been intrigued in the zombie survival stuff and would gladly get in on that if it was released as a separate stand alone thing.

I already kind of hate when companies talk about DLC plans before the game hits shelves, but for it to include a mode like this (something some people obviously come to the game for) is pretty lame. And at such a steep price, too? This just seems like more reason to dissuade fans from this entry. Like Jeff mentioned on the podcast, these games pay for the sins of their predecessor, and the pre-orders on this are low for a COD game. Even anecdotally, I hear nobody talking about it enthusiastically. I hate to echo this sentiment, but I do wonder if this is finally the entry that shows the series really is fated to go the way of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@milkman said:

This is the only mode I care about. They have completely lost at least one sale by doing this.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Since I don't really care much for Zombies I guess it will be a nice bonus when I pick up the season pass, if I decide to buy it that is.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The difference I see here is that each of the prior games had either a co-op wave defense mode, or a zombie mode, not both.

This sounds like they're in fact adding both, so this doesn't seem nearly as heinous to me as it does to some of you guys. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but there are plenty of other people who will regardless.

It's strictly business.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rollingzeppelin

The DLCs usually go for $15 so getting four for $50 is actually a good deal. There's no mention of whether you have to buy the season pass to get zombies or if it will just be included in one of the DLC packs so people freaking out about having to pay $50 for their favourite game mode are doing so based on conjecture alone. Let's wait and see what the actual deal will be shall we?

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things like this remind me why I should just wait for a "everything included" + Steam sale combo, if I'm ever thinking of buying a game on pc.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By veektarius

Vote with your wallets, boys.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why isn't it in the game?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems greedy to me.

Vastaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vastaux

It is smart business tbh, i guess alot of people dont buy the season pass, especially the zombie only players so it's away to sell more season passes. In reality people just need to ask themselves is it worth it to them, if not as @veektarius has said, vote with your wallet. I've bought the season pass myself just because i see it as a game im probably gonna put alot of time into over the next year, but if it was for 1 game mode? Maybe not.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much. If you're into CoD MP, you will probably get your money's worth from the pass.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh. its not a huge deal but its suck for people who only buy the game for that.

i bet you once all the dlc is released stand alone zombies dlc

Why isn't it in the game?

because its something that really isnt realted to the main game or its premise and was probably/is probably being developed after the main game was completed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.