DLC Question

#1 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

Hi guys!

Now this is probably gonna sound like a stupid question. I know that because I thought it sounded like a stupid question when a friend of mine asked me.

Okay, so here's the deal. My friend asked me if I could give him the First Strike DLC Pack by letting him log onto my user on his PS3 and then download the DLC. I told him that it wouldn't work because then he would have to be on my user to play the maps. However, he insited that some people he knew had done this and it had worked out.

I really don't think it's possible for two reasons.
1. It's Acitivison, come on!
2. If this was true, everyone would just pirate the pack, leaving poor Activision with no profit.

I can't even begin to think that Activision would make a mistake like this, and as I said, this is a stupid ass question. Still, I would appriciate your input.

Thanks!

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

it works, alright. my friend has the World at War zombie maps for Black Ops from his friend through DLC sharing, so i'd assume it'll be the same for First Strike. 

#3 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -

Seriously? How wierd is that?!

#4 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
"it works, alright. my friend has the World at War zombie maps for Black Ops from his friend through DLC sharing, so i'd assume it'll be the same for First Strike.  "

Yeah DLC sharing works for first strike also. 
#5 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

Why not just buy him a PSN Store gift card?

#6 Posted by sthusby (383 posts) -
@example1013: @example1013 said:
" Why not just buy him a PSN Store gift card? "
Why? Seems he could get it for free.
#7 Posted by Banshee (128 posts) -

Yep, the catch is, you'll have to let him keep your account on his PS3. As soon as your account is deleted off his PS3, all the DLC related to your account is deleted off his PS3 as well.

#8 Edited by Example1013 (4807 posts) -
@sthusby:
 I'm confused. Are you purchasing it for him, or is it already purchased and you're just DLing it on his machine?
#9 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -
@sthusby: 
#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -
@sthusby said:
leaving poor Activision with no profit.
I think I just vomited a little.
#11 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

The bros that play call of duty wouldn't be able to figure out how to do this.

#12 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, you can share DLC with people on ps3. it only works up to 5 ps3 systems. if it goes over 5 then none of you can play the dlc. you have to call up sony and tell them to delete all of the systems that your profile is on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.