Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

How many of you guys loving Black Ops.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

(Do you love it or hate it) I think Black ops is aswome,campaign mode was epic.The multiplayer is fun with tons of customization and unlockables.In my opinion I found this game to be fun and enjoyable.So what do you guys think about this game?

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zithe

Never heard of it, sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Zithe said:
    " Never heard of it, sorry. "
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dingofighter

Yeah, what is this ''Black Ops'' you're talking about, it sounds racist...

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By XenoNick

Dunno if I would say i'm loving but i'm enjoying it alot. Just have the annoying feeling wondering when i'll reach the 'point' where i've had enough of it.  Reached it fairly quickly in MW2.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By carlthenimrod

White Ops has better graphics...

..What?

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hourai

I'm really liking it, but I still miss all the CoD 4 maps. None of the new ones besides Nuketown are really clicking with me, and you unlock everything too fast. Other than that, solid game. I just hope it doesn't turn out like MW2 with people abusing the game in every possible way. 

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

How come some of you guys hating the game so much?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

" How come some of you guys hating the game so much? "

because we're cool.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic
    @Godlyawesomeguy: More like too smooth.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeJerk

Singleplayer was an improvement over Treyarch past but far from MW1 MW2 in all aspects, including enemy AI behavior and texture quality because holy crap I need to run the PC Blops on maximum for it to not look like a consolized piece of junk no matter where I turn my head and even then there are ugly low res texturea abound. We're PC users Treyarch, the minimum of memory on our graphics cards is a gigabyte now, shape up and scale it down for the weaksauce sub-HD consoles aight, if it wasn't for us PC folks you guys would be doing outsourced 2D cellphone puzzle games.

PC Multiplayer meanwhile beats the snot out of MW2 in all aspects. Sure it's clumsy and in need of more fixing than I can realistically imagine Treyarch fixing, but hey. It's not MW2 PC. Nuff said.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By beargirl1

it's good 

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By ShinjiEx

It's the new SOCRACK

No Caption Provided
    Godites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Godites

Black Ops > Modern Warfare 2.  

Don't get me wrong folks, I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2. But I was letdown by the broken multi-player and extremely short single-player, but Spec-Ops was secks though. I'm immensely enjoyed Black Ops, because it provides a polished multi-player and a single-player that took me seven to eight hours to finish. I always enjoyed Treyarch's COD titles, but they never reached the high standards of quality of Inifinity Ward's titles. Treyarch outdone themselves, by delivering the best Call of Duty game since COD 4. 

But hey, haters gonna hate.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By huntad

I haven't been able to play anything else yet. As someone who played every single CoD game to death and found a lot to dislike in others, I am absolutely loving this one. It's just so fun. I've lost track of time the past couple of days just playing combat training with a friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

As a PS3 owner I can only speak on playing it on this console and the experience is horrible, the game lags like hell, the engine feels outdated and 2006ish and half of the features arn't even working.

Bad Company 2 is a better game, fact.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By withateethuh
    @Bucketdeth: That's actually an opinion. I hate when people don't realize their opinions are opinions.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I have lots of trouble joining online games.  I've been waiting to join an FFA game for about 10 minutes now with no success.  I don't quite comprehend why Treyarch decided that players joining during an on-going game was a bad thing; because of that limitation, it takes way longer for me to get playing than it did with Modern Warfare 2.  I'm really enjoying it when I can actually get into a match, though.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JoelTGM

it's awesome.  the multiplayer is better than MW2's.  don't know about the campaign mode yet because I've only played for maybe an hour or so, but it was awesome so far too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@withateethuh said:
    " @Bucketdeth: That's actually an opinion. I hate when people don't realize their opinions are opinions. "
    Never.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer

Not liking it.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frytup

I played about 10 mins of the SP before it crashed on me and I decided it was too damn silly to waste any more of my time.

Loving the MP, though. Runs fine on my Core i7-870/4GB/HD4870 with everything maxed. No stuttering.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By scarace360

Im playing black cops. And ya im loving it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm lovin' it.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By korolev

Post patch I'm liking it quite a bit. Hasn't made as much as an impact as MW2's, because it shares a lot of similarities. But it's definitely not bad, now that it's been patched. Pre-patch it was terrible. I got it for the PC. 

As for singleplayer.... it was alright. Bombastic, but still not as good as CoD4's story. But it was better than MW2's storyline, which was a mess. Yeah, Black Ops has some really stupid things in it, and as a cold war history buff, I find the historical allusions to be ridiculously stereotypical and out-of-date. For instance, the imprisonment of Russian soldiers largely ended after Stalin's death in 1953. Khrushchev initiated the "great thaw" after Stalin's death, and most people were released from the GULAG. Sure, camp prisons still existed in the 60's, but the large scale false imprisonments largely ended with Stalin himself.  

And the idea of US soldiers actually killing Russians on Russian ground? Hilarious and completely impossible. Both Russia and the US weren't stupid enough to take direct action with their own soldiers in other people's territory. The risk of nuclear retaliation would be too great. They usually paid other countries to do their dirty work for them.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sjupp

Since the game was and kinda still is a fucking mess on the PC, the multiplayer experience is not really up to par with mw2. I liked the story a lot more since it felt more tied together and easier to follow. I can't believe the fucking morons at Treyarch actually thought it was OK to make a lousy ass port like this.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grillbar
    @MaFoLu said:
    "Yeah, what is this ''Black Ops'' you're talking about, it sounds racist... "

i think he meant spec ops?
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raymayne

GotY

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grillbar

i like it, i personally think modern warfare 2 was better but its the best fps out right now. that basicly why i bought it. i wanted a fps and medal of honor was not that game. the campaign    was good, some parts was not as interesting but still okay. have not tryed the multiplayer yet.but it will proberly be good

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By TomA

I like the multiplayer, the campaign fucking sucks, just like the last 3 games. They just throw things in there that they think their fan base is too stupid to notice how dumb it is. Also, the incendiary rounds for the Spas 12 are fucking retarded, it's like a flamethrower.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mcfart

Blops is way better multiplayer wise then MW2 on PC, mostly cause there's no hackers yet, ded servers, and none of that exploitable crap (knife spam, nade spam, deathstreaks, etc...)

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Grillbar
    @Bucketdeth said:
    "As a PS3 owner I can only speak on playing it on this console and the experience is horrible, the game lags like hell, the engine feels outdated and 2006ish and half of the features arn't even working.  Bad Company 2 is a better game, fact. "

are you sure your ps3 is working right??? mayb your disc drive is on the breaking point. cuz i allso play it on the sp3 and i have never had any real problems with the lag or framerate. i personally dont really feel that the engine feels outdated theres some texture popping and cropping around the egde of things but has been a problem with alot of games. and i dont know what features your talking about that dont work ½ the time so cant say anything either way. BUT yes bad company 2 is way better.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

On top of liking it more than MW2, I'm extremely enjoying the theater mode. I've spent more time messing around with it than actually playing.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GunslingerPanda

You love Black Cops? What!?

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FearMyFlop

You know I just didn't really like Bad Company 2 too terribly much although I understand it's quality game. Black-Ops is a great game story wise, I love what they have done from the main menu to the hidden terminal. I loved World at War more than MW2 and everything. I just really like the atmoshphere that Treyarch makes. MW 1 &2 aren't as dark...... I dunno. Black-Ops is glitchy (friendly AI was terrible in the story mode) and nowhere near as polished as Infinity Ward's games. Plus the single fact a guy I shoot get's a red spot (in the least) on him when I shoot him feels right.  A tasteful amount of gore really helps bring me in the game world.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Yo it's got Zork in it. Last night I fired that up and managed to get to about 80 points before I decided my imagination was fried. Still was fun as hell though.

I am having a ton of fun though with the game itself, and MP is giving me that "One more match" syndrome and next thing I know, it's 5 in the morning.

If anything when I get bored of it, it's totally going towards a shiny new keyboard for RB3 when I inevitably trade it back in.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pinworm45

It's pretty good. It removed everything that made MW2 garbage. The multiplayer is surprisingly well balanced, and fun. Wager matches are nice additions but it feels like they should be expanded upon. 

Single player was OK.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't get over how I'd much rather be playing a game starring Reginald VelJohnson as a policeman.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GJSmitty

I never really got into MW2's Multiplayer, I just had too many other games to play that I thought were better.  But Black Ops is awesome so far.  I agree that the campaign is epic, and I love the multiplayer.  Zombies......not so much.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GJSmitty
    @TomA said:
    "I like the multiplayer, the campaign fucking sucks, just like the last 3 games. They just throw things in there that they think their fan base is too stupid to notice how dumb it is. Also, the incendiary rounds for the Spas 12 are fucking retarded, it's like a flamethrower. "

Thats the point though.  You don't play the game to experiance what it's really like to be in the army, you play it to HAVE FUN.
    Hotcakesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Hotcakesman

I am enjoying it 1 million times more than MW2... not getting tubed to death actually make the game fun

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Warfare

It's meh.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By fugie7

it's good game.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DerekDanahy

As a person who only cares about the campaign in Call of Duty games I found that the campaign was a lot of fun. However, the whole time I was thinking to myself it still wasn't as fun as the Modern Warfare 2 campaign. 
    I think that in the campaign the developers did a great job introducing all of the historical American characters (McNamara, and Kennedy) adding more of these sequences would have really made it more enjoyable for me, and also give a good break from all of the running-and-gunning.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By audiosnag

Campaign is the best in the series IMO. Seeing Reznov again was rrad as hell, Gary Oldman makes everything better. MP is a blast so far, not gonna make any decisions yet cause I thought MP from MW2 was great too for the first few months but I'm havin a great time so far. Wager matches are a great addition and playing sticks and stones on the higher by in levels is tense as hell. You can be dominating and one tomahawk can screw you over right near the end. And zombies is zombies. Which I loved in WaW and love in this game. The terminal is bonkers I haven't even scratched the surface of that thing. Love the game so far.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By audiosnag

Campaign is the best in the series IMO. Seeing Reznov again was rrad as hell, Gary Oldman makes everything better. MP is a blast so far, not gonna make any decisions yet cause I thought MP from MW2 was great too for the first few months but I'm havin a great time so far. Wager matches are a great addition and playing sticks and stones on the higher by in levels is tense as hell. You can be dominating and one tomahawk can screw you over right near the end. And zombies is zombies. Which I loved in WaW and love in this game. The terminal is bonkers I haven't even scratched the surface of that thing. Love the game so far.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By maskedarcstrike

I'm almost done with the campaign so far, I'm on the hardened setting and its pretty enjoyable so far.  There's a wide variety of locales and environments to traverse through.  There's still those small quirks that WaW had that bug me though, like friendly AI not taking out the closest enemy or just plainly running past enemies to the next cover giving you a false sense of security to move up.  At least the enemy AI doesn't freaking 'nade spam with insane accuracy like they used to.

I've played a little of zombies and haven't gotten into the MP yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.