Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Serious Call of Duty Question here

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

So Battlefield released an expansion with 5 new maps, 15 new weapons and a whole lot of new art assets. It cost $15 and weather or not you believe it was worth it, it was a whole lot more than another $15 people spent. I'm talking about the MW2 map packs, which were 3 new maps and 2 "classic" ones. (IMO a map from the last game isn't a classic yet) 

My question is what will treyarc/ activision do for the next (unannounced) CoD map packs? Will they charge $15 dollars again? Will it only be 5 maps again? Will there be new weapons? Or does activision not give a shit about it's contemporaries?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @drag said:
    " It's $15, 4 new multi maps and 1 zombie one.  No new weapons, assets etc.  "
    I meant for the unannounced ones since Vietnam released while this map pack was worked on.
    mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrv321

BFBC2 is FORCED by it's Dedicated server to do the map pack things, and let me tell I hope that they release it standalone for $15 a lot of people like the smalled Bsttlefield games because the barrier for entry is lower... plus all those who traded in would re-buy, it's certainly a possibility and a very interesting test.

MW2 where a rip-off, the maps in the game where lackluster. 

BC2 all the way.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

I don't think Activision gives a shit about anything Battlefield does.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Subjugation

If history is any indication, Activision will release several map packs that contain about the same amount of maps each and roughly of the same cost. I refuse to pay $15 for a map pack though.  I don't think they have ever introduced new weapons.

I bought BFBC2 for around $6 at the beginning of the steam holiday sale, and I was given BLOPS as a gift around the same time. I have around 40 hours of BFBC2 multiplayer logged already whereas I only have about 15 hours for BLOPS. That's just my preference though.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By adziboy

If a 1/5th of all Ops gamers bought it on PS3 and then just game shared, everyone could get the map pack for £1 or something.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Twitchey

If they put new weapons in a CoD game the little kids who could not buy it would bitch and moan about the new guns being over powered while they were stuck using the Ak74u (Which we all know, 80% of the population uses) 

In the new packs they should AT least give us some new camos for our guns, I mean the ones we have now are either boring, or ugly. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.