Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

Is there any reason to get excited for this? Anything?

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adrian79

I pretty much dropped out of BO2 about 6 months ago and im still feeling burnt out on the whole franchise. Im not feeling at all hyped about the new game but im wondering if thats because i havent paid much attention to it, so does this instalment look like it will actually revamp the series and give it the kick up the arse that it needs or is just another bland by-the-numbers cod game like MW3 and BO2?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@adrian79: You play as a dog and blow up satellites. GOTY

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The fish swim away from you when you get near

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By bemusedchunk
    No Caption Provided

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's CoD, it'll have a pretty good campaign, the MP will keep you entertained for a few weeks. Rinse. Repeat.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By kaos_cracker

It seems fine. To me all CoD games are fine, at least campaign wise.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Maybe the series just isn't for you anymore, and that's fine. When the reviews come around take a look at a few of em an maybe watch the inevitable Quick Look and that'll probably give you a good idea of whether they've made the changes necessary to hook you again. I feel like saying anything else right now is jumping the gun a little bit. It'll be a solid game at the very least.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JasonR86

Fucking DOGS man!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cloudymusic
    NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

I'm not that excited. Going to be spending my money on a lot of other games besides Cod.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I can't really get over my CoD fatigue either. At this point I have no idea what they could do to get me back...

World War 2, that'd do it.

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You will squeeze the left trigger and tap the right trigger in short, controlled bursts. A lot.

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

@

@

Yeah I can't really get over my CoD fatigue either. At this point I have no idea what they could do to get me back...

I have to agree with you there, as much as people complain that WW2 has been done to death W@W is still one my favourite games in the series. Not sure what it is about that setting, the atmosphere, guns, blowing up Nazis (human not zombie) just feels far more fun that the near-future crap we've been fed for the last few years.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jgf

I did not play CoD since MW2. I actually might pick this one up. Think I'm ready and waited long enough to care again :)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

No Caption Provided

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By mike

I want WW2 AND dogs. I would play a COD game for that.

No Caption Provided

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you actually think that aside from the gimmick of America not being Number One that this game will do anything particularly different in terms of gameplay, or do you properly think that it's just a nice plot device for more nationalistic tripe and being able to show major cities in ruin in a way that won't upset so many people?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

soulcake posted this a few days ago. Here it is, just because.

No Caption Provided

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adrian79 said:

@geraltitude said:

I have to agree with you there, as much as people complain that WW2 has been done to death W@W is still one my favourite games in the series. Not sure what it is about that setting, the atmosphere, guns, blowing up Nazis (human not zombie) just feels far more fun that the near-future crap we've been fed for the last few years.

Yeah it's something about the setting and the older, slower guns that I really love. Also those WW2 shooters had way more memorable music (probably due to the more romantic, epic nature of the war than TERRORISTS IN A DESERT PLACE). W@W was fantastic and COD2 remains one of my favourite shooters along with MOH: Frontline (or was it Allied Assault?).

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By afabs515

You like CoD?

You like new CoD maps?

You like Nintendogs?

Did you enjoy the previous CoD's multiplayer?

Do you enjoy being in a matchmaking queue with the majority of CoD player and not enjoy being in games with only MLG players and glitchers?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you have something to be excited about.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

If you like Call of Duty and want to play it on a next gen system, then you have plenty to be excited about.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty: Distress (First-person Sci-fi Survival Horror)

Always online. Multiplayer only. 64 player co-op. Gamers play as space marines crash-landed on one of possible 7 planets, faced with bloodthirsty alien monsters. Different climates to survive, different night/day cycles for each planet and a weather system that can heavily impact gameplay. Random events, positive or negative, occur each game. Learn how and when your enemy strikes. No respawning. No weapon unlocks. Open-world game. Limited ammo and resources. You can scavenge, build and repair fortifications, set traps and terraform/dig trenches and barricades. Stick together. Or don't.

Survive.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By schreiberty

If you're tired of shooting dudes and leveling up by shooting dudes than this CoD probably isn't changing that very much. I for one am not tired of it and may never tire of it.

They got aliens now so theres that, doubt it will be as good as zombies though.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never gen baby! Better on xbox!

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!!

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it could be alright. The gameplay is always fun.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cat DLC.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoD lost its magic for me once the original Infinity ward split and then that was proven once Titan Fall was announced.

I've not found anything exciting since about any CoD, especially considering Bad Company 2 and then BF3 was in the fold. If I didn't have a PC I'm sure it would be different.

Really interested in seeing how Ghosts and BF4 do, considering this is the first time console gamers get a first real taste of Battlefield. Of course CoD will still outsell both and thats a real shame.

This being next gen, CoD is looking particularly underwhelming and nowhere near the league of Dice and Respawns work.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was kind of excited for Black Ops 2 and enjoyed playing the mp for quite a bit (i was even suckered into buying all the dlc by my friends) and i quite enjoyed it. But with this new COD what are they adding to differentiate it from the previous entries, while BLOPS2 was the same game they at least got across the new features they were adding and tweaking, like the weird story branching, new loadout style, and revamped emblems; that made me excited to get back into it and see them first hand. With Ghost all i know is Aliens...Dogs.....And fish, and are they removing some Treyarch specific features like MW3 again (dolphin diving...emblems..party games)? Well i dont remember where i was going with this so: FIN

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rick_Fingers

I fell off Call of Duty hard after Black Ops. The stories just got more nonsensical on MW, and the multiplayer continued to be Counterstrike with the skill removed.

Series is just too simple to hold my interest compared to what else is out there.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny thing is, the biggest issue I have with CoD Ghosts is the dog. I don't like shooting dogs and I don't like sending them to fight for me. It feels like sending a little child that does not know what war is about and only acts because it tries to impress me to the frontline. Hope the dog part is optional and they don't make an effing disney movie tragedy out of it.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flacracker: Yeah I know that dogs in warfare are real. I would have the same problem in real life. I can't stand sending an animal to fight for something it does not comprehend at all. As a soldier I agreed to fight for my country. I know about the consequences and I made an informed decision.

Its not that I burst in tears when I have to shoot a dog in a freaking videogame, I just don't like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.