Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

Making Call of Duty multiplayer more fun and interesting...

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By notnert427

At this point, my playstyle revolves pretty much entirely around trying to create situations to use the throwing knife. The increased map size has led to camping/sniping becoming more prevalent, and I find that very annoying. I just don't get how people enjoy sitting there, aiming at a spot, and just waiting for shoot whoever comes through. IMO, it's a really cheap way inflate your kill count, and it's a boring way to play to boot. Thus, my general objective is to find these guys and kill them with a throwing knife out of spite. It's extremely satisfying. I also try to use a throwing knife almost any time I think someone doesn't know I'm around them (and sometimes even when they do) to make things more interesting than just getting an easy freebie kill. I compiled the clips below and threw in some Lemmy for good measure. Hope some of you enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's not really Call of Duty multiplayer, it's just Ghost multiplayer. The low player count, huge map design, and bad design (making single entrance rooms) has made this game extremely campy.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By notnert427

@athadam said:

It's not really Call of Duty multiplayer, it's just Ghost multiplayer. The low player count, huge map design, and bad design (making single entrance rooms) has made this game extremely campy.

Yeah, good point. It wasn't as big of an issue in the past few COD games. I truly hated some of Ghosts' bigger maps like Stonehaven and Whiteout when I first started playing them because their size encourages camping/sniping. Now I actually enjoy them because I've figured out the typical camper spots and how to flank them. There are still some maps that suck (looking at you, Siege and Octane), and there are indeed some poorly-designed, exploitable areas like the upper rooms on Warhawk, the ridge on Prison Break, and that side room on Freefall that pretty much any assclown can camp all game with a buddy and/or few IEDs if they want to sit there and be that lame. Still, if I can get them with a throwing knife, it makes it that much sweeter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.