Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2010

Take control of various protagonists from the series's history in this downloadable 2D platformer featuring both online co-operative mulitplayer (for up to six players at a time) and extremely large levels.

Question about gear abilities and status screen

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrMuscle

So ive been playing this for some hours now and ive come over a few things i cant find an explanation to.

- On the status screen where you can choose "offensive gear", "defensive gear" etc you have you atk, def, str and so on listed. But under you have all kind of symbols. Hammer, sword, pitch fork and more. What does these represent? Is it your resistance to the different attack types? Or is it improved ability to use these weapons?

- I got a drop called "Hercules ring" which states: Lets you ignore blows like a mighty god. So does this mean that some blows does no damage?

- Another drop i got called "Sunstone" states: Improves status from sunrise until sunset. Does it say anywhere what time it is in game?

SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SavageHobbit

I believe the Hercules Ring eliminates the blow back from getting hit by attacks.  The Sunstone probably goes by actual time, whatever your boxes internal clock is set to.  As far as the symbols, my guess is they are resistances.  Try checking the how to play info.

infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3  Edited By infestedandy

I found some Gambler Glasses that state "You can read drop percentages."

Well, you can only see these drop percentages if you've - A: received the item from killing a monster and B: are looking at the monster compendium in the menu screen. Yeah you actually put the glasses on to see the drop rate and then take them back off before you jump into the game. Couldn't they have just made the percentages available from the start?

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By liquid3600
    @MrMuscle said:
    "

So ive been playing this for some hours now and ive come over a few things i cant find an explanation to.

- On the status screen where you can choose "offensive gear", "defensive gear" etc you have you atk, def, str and so on listed. But under you have all kind of symbols. Hammer, sword, pitch fork and more. What does these represent? Is it your resistance to the different attack types? Or is it improved ability to use these weapons?

- I got a drop called "Hercules ring" which states: Lets you ignore blows like a mighty god. So does this mean that some blows does no damage?

- Another drop i got called "Sunstone" states: Improves status from sunrise until sunset. Does it say anywhere what time it is in game?

"
    The symbols under your stats are you resistances to those types of attacks, not your proficiency with them.

As for the Sunstone (and it's counterpart the Moonstone) I think they increase all of your stats if you are playing during the real life daytime...  I'm not sure what the hour cutoff is, if it's based on your actual timezone or  how they worked it out, but my Sunstones worked all day when I put them on at 9AM CST until I noticed they'd stopped working around 5 or 6PM CST.  I guess I'll pay closer attention tomorrow to check every hour:01 around evening time to see when they turn off.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shadow

I've played a shit ton of this game, but I still don't know what STR, CON, INT, and MND actually do.  I'm using Soma and need to figure that out to decide what passive soul I use.

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By liquid3600
    @Shadow:  If I had to wager I'd say they improved your melee attack, hp, magic attack and magic defense, respectively, natch.  I've actually seen a point in STR improve my attack.  I think the problem is the upgrades are so marginal that barely any difference is noted.  Maybe deeper into hard mode the loot will get better and we'll see that stuff make a difference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.