godzilla_sushi's Chime (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

Avatar image for godzilla_sushi

Chime-ing in! Hehe

Chime is a pretty good example of the direction I’d like to see games take. A charitable donation is made from spending your money on the game, which isn’t half bad. I could never write a lengthy review about something that barely warrants this much. Having never played Lumines or variations of that, Chime is like starting fresh in my world. A new iteration to some of gaming’s best puzzlers. I really like to play it but that is a direct result of me looking for something small I can space out with. There just isn’t enough music or goals for a complete recommendation. You only get five songs, and those only come with 3, 6 and 9 minute musical block laying. Levels can have different shapes. But often you’ll find yourself wondering what the point is in playing. You see what you get. Rewards come with the achievements, but don’t offer any competition. It doesn’t take more than two playthroughs before you begin to tell yourself it was for charity. The price is right, but the package is pretty light.