Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Citizens of Earth

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 20, 2015

When Earthbound meets Little King's Story, you get Citizens of Earth. An RPG in which the player inhabits the Vice President of Earth who has to recruit citizens that fight battles for him. The game was published by ATLUS.

So, how does this game play on PS4/Vita?

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't work out whether this game looks great or terrible. I'm not really keen on the art style but it looks like it could grow on me, and as a bonus it's pretty cheap with the PS+ discount. The reviews for the PC version are so mixed that I can't tell whether this game looks good or terrible. Has anyone here played it and able to recommend it? For the record, I've never played Earthbound. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it based on your time with it until now.

If it was Cross-Buy it'd be a no brainer but, I'm not sure I get the time on my PS4 to warrant it, ditto for Vita. I have to split my time between the two all the time.

(I suppose it sounds like something I'll just wait until its super cheap in a sale, but maybe this thread can be useful for others too)..

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

Still working on my review, but I can say it caters a lot towards JRPG nostalgia, though done reasonably well. People compare it to Earthbound constantly for good reason, its the closest comparison and the game is very obviously trying to evoke that. Light-hearted, full of puns and pretty amusing comic delivery.

It's a fun game, the combat is fun and the characters all feel diverse and useful in pretty interesting ways. There's a LOT of party members to recruit. Probably one of the biggest draws for the game will be the variety of characters that play really differently. Brother is kind of a physical brawler/tank, Cook is a powerful support with severe energy limitations, Barista is a super fast high-energy character that can give a constant supply of energy for the rest of your team (and generally one of my favourite characters). It goes on and on, but each character feels very unique from the others.

The downsides are that sometimes the game just gets to be a slog. Enemies are "avoidable" so there are no real random encounters, but the enemy density is often so thick and the paths so narrow that you really can't avoid any combat. After getting past the initial area some and trying to explore/recruit new characters, I gave up after an hour slog of just fighting enemies to traverse ONE screen. There's a LOT of combat in this game. The combat is, admittedly, pretty fun but even then it can get tiresome.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Sessh

I've been playing for about 7 hours now (on PS4) and it's a pretty solid game overall.

I agree that the combat can drag a lot (it just doesn't move fast enough and you can't skip stuff like received items/level up notices etc.), but at least you can skip low level enemies by rushing into them and you get some nice variety out of all the different characters.

It also does appear to be a way larger game that I'd have thought, with a lot of different and quiet big environments. There's also a lot of side quests and of course all the character recruitment to be done, so there's definitely some meat there.

The story and humour are okay so far. Nothing outstanding, but also nothing truly bad.

I'd say it's worth giving a shot if you can handle some repetition/grinding.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you do get it, it should be the vita version. JRPGs are best on handhelds.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

This game looks sooo much like that Double Fine mobile superhero game. Style wise I mean.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I keep almost buying this game, and then looking at some of the dialogue and end up convincing myself to turn away.

How are people feeling about the puns and jokes and whatnot? Good and funny, or trying too hard?

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really like the game. It's perhaps a bit too grind for my tastes, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm playing it on the Vita and I think that's where it's best. so good on those long metro rides!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.