Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

City of Heroes

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 28, 2004

City of Heroes was a superhero based MMORPG that ran from April 2004 to November 2012

Can't set up game

WombatMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By WombatMan

So I was a big fan of CoH when it first came out. I played regularly for about 2 years, and would go back and try it once a year or so since I stopped. With the news that they're shutting down, I was hoping to get in and play a bit more while I still could. Problem is, I can't get it installed. You can't get the download client from the site anymore, all the links to it redirect you to the "We're closing down" post. I still have the CD's from when I bought the game originally, so I installed it from that, but when I open it, I get an error that says "Error from Patchserver: SvrErrProtocolMismatch". After looking into it, it looks like they changed the download client to a new version, so I guess this old one won't work anymore.

To make things worse, I then tried to log into the NCsoft web site, thinking maybe I can get it from there. Now they're saying they have no record of my email address. I'd really like to get in and play one last time while I can. Anybody else going through this?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

No I re-downloaded it this week and it worked fine.

WombatMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By WombatMan

If you still have the installer for the downloader, is there any chance I can get you to share it somewhere and send the link my way? Or maybe if you can check out the CoH site. It's possible I'm missing it, but I just can't see it.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

I'm pretty sure CoH shut down

Edit: sorry, heard wrong. That was just an announcement of them shutting down. I'll have to get back into it myself before it ends

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.