Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Jumper

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2010

Comic Jumper is a side scrolling action game developed by Twisted Pixel. Taking their successful comedic touch in previous ventures and honing it to a sharpened edge, Comic Jumper is filled with manic, unpredictable humor throughout.

Anyone else finding this game a little difficult?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I literally have gone through that first Panzer Dragoon section of the fantasy comic about 20 times now. I feel like there should be a checkpoint somewhere in the middle. 

It's a shame because I'm really enjoying every part of this game EXCEPT the gameplay, which makes it that much more frustrating that I'm being held up by that very thing.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidman

yeah, Jeff said it best.. The gameplay is not good.. I really wanna see all the videos etc. but that requires money.. and that requires playing the game, which is the main problem..

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @kidman:   The videos will eventually make it to YouTube.
    kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidman

i know that, but i'd like to see them, you know, right now;)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

I suggest you go and do challenge 2 over and over until you have enough money to buy  a ton of extras (for the % bonus) and  eventually youre going to get 9000  to spend every time you finish that challenge, then max out the gun and the health. The game is tough...not as old school hardcore as people have been saying. Things take a ridiculous amount of time to kill in the later stages. It's definately worth fighting through it just for the mid level boss in the third silver age level. Best movie reference in a video game ever! 

edit.. it took about 40 mins to max out everything
    kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidman

Thanks for the advice, i might try that. Game's really repetitive, and like Jeff said (i rarely agree completely with his reviews, but this is exactly the case in which i do) that you have to play cautiously which isn't really fun, cause it's supposed to be more run-n-gun'y, but oh well..

Triphos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Triphos

What's really annoying me is that most of the challenges don't end when you think they're going to, and make getting through them without getting hit a total pain in the ass. Nanoc #2 especially, I get up the whole cliff and then I have to fight a sabretooth dinosaur? Fuck that.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DonPixel

I don´t really know why don´t they put lives on it? that would make it less of a pain.. 

some checkpoints are stupidly long.. 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @DonPixel said:
    " I don´t really know why dont the put lives on it? that would make it less of a pain..  some checkpoints are stupidly long..  "
    Especially during the Silver Age levels. Ugh.
    1DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By 1DER

I'm having a lot of fun with the manga portion of aiming, dodging projectiles, and jumping water mines all at the same time.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @kidman said:
    "I really wanna see all the videos etc. but that requires money.. and that requires playing the game, which is the main problem.. "
    Give it some time, somebody might put up a playthrough on youtube.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.