Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Jumper

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2010

Comic Jumper is a side scrolling action game developed by Twisted Pixel. Taking their successful comedic touch in previous ventures and honing it to a sharpened edge, Comic Jumper is filled with manic, unpredictable humor throughout.

The last boss of the manga section can go fuck itself

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Seriously, the game has been hard to this point but nothing that isn't managable. But this fucking mess of a boss is ridiculous. Some of its move are just plain unavoidable. For example, the move where it takes out its heart and does that force field type thing is impossible to avoid if you're standing on the wrong side of the screen. And those bubbles that float around are total horse shit. How am I suppose to dodge those and the fucking tear drops at the same time? It also doesn't help that that dumb cupid bitch is able to heal it. Fuck this game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Wow, I just had a total crap nap/Edison/whatever you want to call it. I took a break to write this, tried again and boom, done. I guess I just needed to let that all out.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Was it rather poopsome?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @Milkman said:
    " Wow, I just had a total crap nap/Edison/whatever you want to call it. I took a break to write this, tried again and boom, done. I guess I just needed to let that all out. "
    I believe you were looking for benapause
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I had some trouble with that boss too...because it took me forever to realize that you can climb on the sides and ceiling of that area.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By damswedon

That boss was easy, now the last boss on Nonoc screw him and his robot.

MichaelCarusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MichaelCarusi

My big problem with a lot of the bosses is they have absurd amounts of health.  There's a fine line between making a boss hard and just padding out the amount of time it takes for us to beat a boss - and in turn for the boss to get lucky on an attack.

crapneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crapneck

boss i had the most prob with was the meat monster

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zityz

Hey its me Benny, Benny's the name! I got 5 kids to feed! 

I'm just at the manga comic so I've yet to experience your troubles. Also, Benny... BEST boss idea ever.... EVER.

pixelpushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By pixelpushr

Okay, I think I'm done with this game. I'm on the boss the OP mentions and I think I've had it. How am I suppose to dodge the attack where it grabs the poles on the sides of the screen?  There's just too much shit going on at the same time to keep track of it all and the fact that it's all in black and white definitely doesn't help matters. Also, I understand that the dev is poking fun at bosses that regenerate health but that doesn't mean it's fun. I might come back to it just because I spent $15 on it but it stopped being fun after the first level. 

The Nonoc boss was crap too. I never really figured out a good strategy to beat it, I just got lucky.

Deimos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deimos
    @pixelpushr: You have to use the slide move to slide under him as he is dashing towards the pole. This fucking boss is the epitome of everything that is wrong with this game: Cool Art over solid gameplay. BTW whoever playtested this game fucking failed! 

I am also amazed how it never occurred to the developers to add some sort of gun power ups. For fuck sakes Contra and all other side scrolling shooters have bee doing it since when? That would have at least made the gameplay a bit more bearable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.