Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 HD6990 Issues

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Recently I was able to get a really good deal on a HD6990, a friend bought 1 to upgrade from a 6970 and couldn't fit it in his case so asked if I wanted to swap my 6970 and pay the difference. w00t!

Problem is I can't play Crysis 2 with this card, I either get white flashing bars or since latest 1.4 patch I get black patches flashing on and off all over the screen.

I have used  Crysis2AdvancedGraphicsOptions.exe but while this gives me advance graphics options I can't seem to get it to play the game properly.

When I play in Windowed mode it fixes the graphics glitches but my fps drops from around 88 down to 44.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

My specs at the moment are:

• AMD Phenom ii X4 965 (3.4ghz Quad core)
    • Corsair H50 All in one Water cooling kit 
    • Asus M4N89GTD mobo
    • XFX Ati Radeon HD6990
    • Patriot Viper 4GB (2x2GB)
    • OCZ 750watt Fatal1ty Semi-Modular
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

I'm guessing you've updated all the drivers as well as the game if possible?

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

To play Crysis on a HD6990, you need more skill.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Azteck:  Yeah everything up to date. Though AMD/ATi don't make it easy to see which applications you have covered with the CAP updates or how to get application specific CAP updates, or am I missing a trick here.

@FourWude said:
    " To play Crysis on a HD6990, you need more skill. "

Yeah I know, but it's a catch 22, I can't better at the game until I can play and now I can't play unilt I get better. What to do?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Can you choose to only use one gpu in the cataylast control center? Hopefully that would get rid of the flickering or graphical anomolies. But you won't make use of all the frames your suppose to get.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By RIDEBIRD
    @HitmanAgent47@TheKeyboardDemon:  I'd try this first as well. I haven't heard of many cases of Crossfire working properly - ever.
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @HitmanAgent47:@Ertard: There has to be a better way to use a dual gpu card. Turning off 1 of the GPUs is just retarded. I know some people have got the game to work properly with both Crossfire and SLI systems without turning off a GPU or running in windowed mode, I just can't seem to find a working solution from those that have been recommended.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.