Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

[Spoilers] I'm not going to play this. So why...

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

Anyone wanna humour me here? I did play Crysis 2 but I'll probably not play Crysis 3 until it's on super discount on Origin or something. Anyway...

1) Why does this CELL organization want to cut people out of their nanosuits?

2) I assume the nanosuits are sort of almost biologically grafted to a person's skin and nerves right? Which is why it's super painful?

3) I thought nanosuit technology was super pervasive in Crysis 2? I mean, in the SP and MP is just a buncha dudes with budget nanosuits running around. How did we get from mass produced to one-of-a-kind Prophet?

4) How did New-Prophet go from super badass "I am reborn" superhero to some pansy captured on a freighter?

I'm asking all this cause I was watching the QL, btw.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Templars
    2. Templars
    3. Templars
    4. Templars

Every video game takes place in the Assassin's Creed universe.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaMisterChief

I've been playing it, it is fine. I could give a shit about the story or plot. The gameplay is where its at.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I imagine they have as much an explanation as that stupid a story demands. Just going from what they showed in the QL, though, it seemed like A) CELL wants world domination and perceive people in nanosuits as a threat to that, and B) They showed Prophet floating unconscious in space at the beginning, so they maybe flew up and captured him there? I dunno, I've only ever played like 15 minutes of the first game.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By shaggydude

Smoke on the street is that the campaign is only 5 hours long and that seems way shorter than what I remember of Crysis 2. I'm waiting this one out.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaggydude: I don't mind a 5 hours long title that doesn't overstay it's welcome. Crysis 2 was a disaster to me. Super buggy, incredibly stupid AI, useless augments, too many moments spent strapped to a high-tech chair and listening to Gould and the other dudes/dudettes.

I beat Crysis 3 once, and i'm doing a second run right now. I much prefer it, even if it's shorter. I find the pacing much more interesting. Crysis is all about being absolutely overpowered and varying your assault on your foes, and at that, Crysis 3 works pretty well.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dungbootle

@ravenlight said:

1. Templars
    2. Templars
    3. Templars
    4. Templars

Every video game takes place in the Assassin's Creed universe.

This is also the answer to every question in real life.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@white said:

Anyone wanna humour me here? I did play Crysis 2 but I'll probably not play Crysis 3 until it's on super discount on Origin or something. Anyway...

1) Why does this CELL organization want to cut people out of their nanosuits?

2) I assume the nanosuits are sort of almost biologically grafted to a person's skin and nerves right? Which is why it's super painful?

3) I thought nanosuit technology was super pervasive in Crysis 2? I mean, in the SP and MP is just a buncha dudes with budget nanosuits running around. How did we get from mass produced to one-of-a-kind Prophet?

4) How did New-Prophet go from super badass "I am reborn" superhero to some pansy captured on a freighter?

I'm asking all this cause I was watching the QL, btw.

1) CELL wants to cut Raptor team from their nanosuits because Karl Ernst Rasche abandoned CELL after he discovered their plans to harness the Alpha Ceph's power and essentially follow through with a plan for world domination. CELL then did a hostile takeover of Hargreave-Rasche Biochemical (the firm that created the suit and employed Raptor Team) and Rasche DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING'd all his research and files on the nanosuit. Essentially, CELL wants to make more but they can't without his research. So they're cutting people out of the shell to run tests and shit.

2) That is correct, if the nanosuit is bonded directly to your skin then it interfaces with your epidermus and nervous system. That's why Raptor Team had "zero suits" so that wouldn't happen. Alcatraz (the protagonist from Crysis 2 and Crysis 3) didn't get that luxury and as such, the nanosuit is a prison.

3) Because multiplayer is not canon. Non-flippant answer is that CELL was trying to manufacture their own nanosuits but were leagues behind what Hargreave-Rasche gave to Raptor Team, which is why they were the Go-Bots to Alcatraz/Prophet's Transformer.

4) Because the game takes place some 20+ years after Crysis 2. The history of events goes:

Crysis 1 - 2020

Crysis 2 - 2023

Crysis 3 - 2047

A lot of weird shit happened in the interim which is buried in the collectables and interesting to read. But I'm not going to explain it all here for reasons that should be obvious.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aetheldod

@klei: Is the game open? Like Crysis 1 or still enclosed like Crysis 2?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei: Is the game open? Like Crysis 1 or still enclosed like Crysis 2?

Nothing like Crysis 1. It's still vastly more open than Crysis 2, and actually gives you a lot of breathing room to operate and plan. There's even a couple of ''open'' sections like in Crysis 1, but don't expect to drive out of the borders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.