Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

As Nomad, an elite soldier outfitted in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit that gives him superhuman abilities, infiltrate a North Korean-held island to rescue captured scientists... and face a reawakening ancient evil that threatens the entire world. Crysis is well known for its high system requirements and top of the line graphics.

Pretty colors

yoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By yoob

Reworked tree shaders and colors to make them more vivid. I think this is going to be the final foliage configuration for the island.

Also moved the sun axis for a more visually favorable setting. I wish Crysis would have a way to update the fake GPS and minimap/compass orientations, because now according to the HUD, the fucking sun sets in the south.

Added more stuff to the procedurally generated coast objects. Pretty sure this is the most interesting shallow water look I can achieve.

Also laid down the basic background sound spots, mostly with samples I got off freesound. Pretty satisfied with the result, but I still wish to add more depth to the sound in certain areas of the island. Could make a sample video showcasing the sounds but it's not like I'm gonna put any effort into this shitty b(ATTENTION WHORING REMOVED)
    yoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By yoob

Reworked tree shaders and colors to make them more vivid. I think this is going to be the final foliage configuration for the island.

Also moved the sun axis for a more visually favorable setting. I wish Crysis would have a way to update the fake GPS and minimap/compass orientations, because now according to the HUD, the fucking sun sets in the south.

Added more stuff to the procedurally generated coast objects. Pretty sure this is the most interesting shallow water look I can achieve.

Also laid down the basic background sound spots, mostly with samples I got off freesound. Pretty satisfied with the result, but I still wish to add more depth to the sound in certain areas of the island. Could make a sample video showcasing the sounds but it's not like I'm gonna put any effort into this shitty b(ATTENTION WHORING REMOVED)
    DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DukesT3

That is pretty. 

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

That looks great.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jkz

Looks good, but some more background on what exactly you're trying to achieve (meant-for-distribution visual mod, something outside of the main story, et cetera) would give this some context that lit lacks right now. 

Still, I especially like what you did with the color-depth of the foliage; really does look quite good.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By butano

I'm curious as to what this is for. Are you making a multiplayer map? Or a scene for a machinima? Virtual bonsai garden? It looks great!

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mrfizzy

huh?

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By artelinarose
    @Tarsier said: maybe someone would read your blog if you had more than one fucking post? "

Post content>post count. Not that I am one to speak on either.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By jkz
    @Tarsier:  

Don't be a god-damn dullard. Having a high-post count doesn't make the content you post inherently superior to the content posted by someone who doesn't.
    yoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yoob
    @jukezypoo, @Butano:

>some more background on what exactly you're trying to achieve (...) would give this some context that lit lacks right now. 

It's just something I do to pass the time. Never did any serious level design despite playing around with level editors since the days of Jazz Jackrabbit. So I'm just focusing on making all the pretty trees grow and maybe I'll get some idea for it along the way. I'm not really into the multiplayer in crysis, and don't have the love for video editing to bother with machinima. So I could potentially turn this into a SP mission but then again I don't really have much patience with setting up the AI layouts and betatesting my own level into oblivion. Made this blog because it's easyto lose track of the progress you've achieved and that makes me lose ambition. Posting here works pretty well to defeat that

@Tarsier:

Now I don't necessarily know how this site works but this is my third post, actually. I guess you guys can't see it or something?

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By artelinarose
    @Tarsier said:

" are you completely retarded? he is complaining about how nobody reads his blog. how are people going to read his blog if he has 0 posts?  fuck people. get with the program "

We all found it when he had zero posts. Sounds like the retard isn't on our side.
    yoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yoob

i wish i knew how this site worked so I could fix my blog :c

edit: Oh, it's just the disparity between all the blog posts I made and the post count, I think I've posted the other blogs somewhere else as i was still figuring it out. this is so convoluted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.