Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Few Hours til Dark Souls 2! PC Graphics Tweaks!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingdanglerBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Only a few more hours until I will be completely slaughtering the masterrace in PvP. It's going to be a blast.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally the true wait is over

im just glad that he consoles did all the after lunch beta testing :P

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@salvationtwist: Except PC players will never be able to say they played the original game. The first major patch is already pretty controversial as to how much easier it makes things. Of course, it wasn't that hard before it, but they won't know.

How I love being there from the beginning. I wasn't there in the beginning of Dark Souls and it always annoyed me how people kept saying 'oh you should have been there when *this* happened'. Now I will have witnessed all of it and can call bullshit more easily.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zevvion said:

@salvationtwist: Except PC players will never be able to say they played the original game. The first major patch is already pretty controversial as to how much easier it makes things. Of course, it wasn't that hard before it, but they won't know.

How I love being there from the beginning. I wasn't there in the beginning of Dark Souls and it always annoyed me how people kept saying 'oh you should have been there when *this* happened'. Now I will have witnessed all of it and can call bullshit more easily.

If you got that Lucatiel achievement pre-patch, hey man, God bless your soul(s).

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Durante's already got a tool that allows for texture modding and some other tweaks similar to DSfix and it's working with Dark Souls 2. It's called GeDoSaTo. He wrote up an article about what it does on PC Gamer here.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@zevvion said:

Anyone saying "you should have seen X or Y!" probably isn't worth listening to, honestly, ha. Who really cares.

I just bought DSII last minute with some Amazon credit, so I guess I'll be playing this. Pretty excited for a no nonsense PC version of a Souls game.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zevvion said:

I totally forgot about those changes! I stopped playing the console version a couple days before 1.03 came out. I did finish it twice though (NG and NG+). My badge should arrive in the mail any day now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

@jjweatherman: I can certainly understand the people that don't have consoles waiting eagerly for the PC release. I will never understand the people who have owned consoles for a while and are in great pains waiting for the "real version" to finally come out as if suddenly the console version is this smouldering pile of shit they wouldn't even consider touching. Beat the entire game on 360, had zero issues with it. Would I like it to look better? Sure, but it's not a deal breaker the way it seems to be for a lot of others.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zevvion

@humanity said:

@jjweatherman: I can certainly understand the people that don't have consoles waiting eagerly for the PC release. I will never understand the people who have owned consoles for a while and are in great pains waiting for the "real version" to finally come out as if suddenly the console version is this smouldering pile of shit they wouldn't even consider touching. Beat the entire game on 360, had zero issues with it. Would I like it to look better? Sure, but it's not a deal breaker the way it seems to be for a lot of others.

Agreed. I've finished the game... 6 times now? Wait, was it 7? I don't even know. After hearing all the issues on PS3, I can say it plays superbly on 360 by comparison. There is nothing 'real' about the PC version, except that it will eventually probably be the shittiest version of the 3 due to hacking. I hope not, but it can happen again.

Either way, I will get the PC version as well as I've been thinking about doing a Let's Play of it. Pretty sure only one person will watch it (me), but that's fine. Love the game so much, I might as well.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As someone who played Dark Souls 1 a couple moneths after release and thought playing it was much more fun when I had the ability to just look up how to beat a specific boss (instead of just giving up and start playing something else - I'm fickle when it comes to enjoying my free time). I've been very much looking forward to play this. Decided not to get DS2 on consoles when it came out because my free time has been limited laterely and I knew I'd spend the majority of it playing Lightning Returns and FFXHD anyway. Just found out the physical release for PC for this has been pushed back a week in the UK, but I'm not really bothered. Just gives a little more time to play other games (and, more importantly finish my important work) before I play it.

If anyone is thinking "why buy the physical PC copy?", I got the Armoured Edition for £25 for a pre-order deal as well as a pre-order bonus of a physical comic. Which still seems worth it to me despite having to wait an extra week.

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally the true wait is over

im just glad that he consoles did all the after lunch beta testing :P

Please, stop this PC bigotterie now. It gets really old.
    I agree with both Zevvion and Humanity on this, there is no "real" version. Although, I can't see why buying on PC a game I already have on PS3. That seems like wasting money to me, and I'm not rich enough for that. If I really wanted PC version, I would have bought it on PC. I didn't and I won't.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Yeah, I don't understand that, either. I nearly bought it on console, but I wasn't dying to play a month ago. A $50 PC version was kinda tough to pass up, though.

Is anyone having issues using a Dual Shock 4 with this game? It seems to be mapping buttons incorrectly using the DS4 to Xinput wrapper. I also had to plug it in; bluetooth doesn't seem to be working at all. Using a 360 pad for now, which is working fine. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlexW00d

@zevvion said:

You realise that just makes you sound like a dickhead right?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d

@zevvion: Just because what they says makes them sound like dickheads doesn't stop you sounding like one dude. You're essentially saying you're glad you're experiencing something before other people because it makes your experience more special.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Sterling

@alexw00d: I don't think you are comprehending what he wrote. He said he can now call bullshit on people who say what you are accusing him of saying. He didn't say he was more special because he saw X before you or a patch. He said since he was there (the start) this time, he can call bullshit on that when someone says it. You are both saying the exact same thing.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cloudnineboya

Never heard of it,is it a new game.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

Yeah, I don't understand that, either. I nearly bought it on console, but I wasn't dying to play a month ago. A $50 PC version was kinda tough to pass up, though.

Is anyone having issues using a Dual Shock 4 with this game? It seems to be mapping buttons incorrectly using the DS4 to Xinput wrapper. I also had to plug it in; bluetooth doesn't seem to be working at all. Using a 360 pad for now, which is working fine. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I had some issues. Quit steam and checked the "hide DS4 controller" in the DS4tool settings, started steam again, working great now, both usb and bluetooth.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amafi said:

@jjweatherman said:

@humanity said:

I had some issues. Quit steam and checked the "hide DS4 controller" in the DS4tool settings, started steam again, working great now, both usb and bluetooth.

Ah, cool, thanks. I forgot about that setting. I'll give it a try.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This topic took a disappointing turn.

Ever noticed how there is no System Wars forum on Giant Bomb? That is no accident. Keep that in mind before you hit the submit button on your next post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.