Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

So... I was summoned OUT of a boss battle (minor spoilers)

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EgonVonHolz

Yesterday I was beating my head against a certain boss called Pontiff Sulyahn.

As a member of the sentinels of the blue I am of course always ready to be summoned to help someone in need but somehow Dark Souls decided that It should simply pull me out of the boss battle which had just started. As far as I know, this should not be possible. The message that I was being summoned poped up the moment after I crossed through the fog gate and Dark Souls proceeded to sucessfully summon me into the world of a host.

After defeating the red phantom in the host's world, over the course of which I was poisoned, I was put back into the boss fight while remaining poisoned (even though I had returned to my game). This also completely broke the Pointiff's AI. He was just standig there while I took a few potshots at him (2/3 of his health). I managed to retrigger him by simply runnig back to the entrance of the boss room but because he had lost most of his health already, Sulyvahn immediately transformed into his second form, which I managed to (barely) beat. As far as I can tell, the game has since progressed normally so hopefully I didn't break the game by accident. All of this took place on the ps4 version of the game.

Did something like this happen to anyone else here? I googled this involuntary-cheese-tactic of the century issue and could not find any results.

I decided to upload a video of this occurance and I hope the mods don't mind it if I share it here as proof of my strange tale:

(Please try to keep things as spoiler-free as possible as I have yet to finish the game myself).

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

I have never heard of anything like this.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sterling

That is interesting. I assume you were actually summoned before you crossed the gate, and the game just didn't cancel it after you crossed the gate because it was too far. I haven't seen that before myself. But the other day a host I was helping with another boss was invaded while we were in the middle of the boss fight. It gave the invaded message. And then a few seconds later, invader has been returned home. It was very odd. But nowhere near as odd as that.

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NorthSarge

Something similar happened to me (in a similar fashion). I had a bug that i think i've seen posted elsewhere - I got summoned as a sunbro to help kill a boss and the boss would have no animations on my screen, the character model would move, but it was stuck in what looked to be an idle animation of sorts but would float around to where ever the position would be for the host. So I was basically invincible to help kill the second and third bosses for other people (the third boss is quite large and is strange to fight when its permanently stuck in it's starting position - I had to kinda guess where to hit it's weak point during the second phase since it didn't appear at all on my screen).

Anyway after restarting the game I haven't run into that issue again.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bane

I was Sunbro-ing last night, and was summoned into a game with two hosts! The boss didn't animate, it just floated around the area in its default pose. The three of us were fine, and proceeded to wail on it for an easy victory.

Picture of the boss and the two hosts:

SPOILER

No Caption Provided

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane: in regards to the 'two hosts' things, one of them could easily be a phantom. There's rings that can change how you appear.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bane: Using the mound makers covenant and leaving my sign, I have also seen worlds with two hosts. But its because a phantom is using the Untrue Dark Ring. Which makes them appear as a host to other players. Which has led to me killing the wrong host and not getting my reward a couple of times.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't new. I've had it happen in dark souls and dark souls 2.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By kerse

Interesting bug. The summon must have happened at the same time and caused your boss fight flag to not change so that the game thought you weren't actually fighting a boss.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got summoned in for the tree boss with a fellow SunBro but neither of us could ever enter the fog wall. The tree could hit us through the wall though.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shiro2809

@bane: Hah, I know there was a ring like that in DaS2 at least, I found one that makes you look like a white phantom in DaS3 so I'm only assuming the other is still in the game :)

EDIT: Just read other guys comment. Cool to know that's in still!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.