Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Am I screwed with Pyromancy now?

Rygel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rygel

Killed the guy in front of the sister chick on accident, sent the pyromancy trainer away to study the chaos fireball, and I have a level +9 pyromancy flame. No Queleena appearing either. This is frustrating.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CptBedlam

Kill Queelag, find the secret wall behind her lair. There's a covenant there with an npc that teaches pyromancy (it's the guy blocking the way, don't attack him!). Level up your pyromancy there, Quelana will probably appear later on ... I think no one really has found out yet what exactly makes her appear (or not).

What guy in front of the Rhea did you kill? One of her bodyguards or the guy who stood there since the beginning? Either way, you're not missing much. You'll be fine.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuCTR

You did miss out on a lot of spells, yes, but piromancers aren't meant to be dedicated magic users since their skills don't scale with or even require intelligence or faith. If you did invest in these consider being a sorcerer or a cleric. Otherwise try to acclimate to a combat class.

Rygel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rygel

To the first response: That's the guy I accidentally killed.

And yeah, I can just do combat but man, that's unfortunate.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who thought that guy was a monster and then said Yes to the first trainer going off to Blighttown.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benspyda

As long as your combat build is decent you should be able to get through easy enough without it. I rarely used Pyromancy my first playthrough. Then NG+ they will all be back again, yay!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

Nah, you can still get the best Pyromancy spells. Out of the useful spells, you only missed Iron Flesh which isn't even that good anymore since the latest patch.

Rygel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rygel

Except for the part where the only pyromancy trainer isn't appearing and I have a +9 pyromancy flame opposed to +10 which the internet tells me is required for Quelaana to appear.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam

@roflawlmao said:

Except for the part where the only pyromancy trainer isn't appearing and I have a +9 pyromancy flame opposed to +10 which the internet tells me is required for Quelaana to appear.

It was believed to be the requirement for a while but she appeared for people that had less than +10 pyromancy - for me, too, on my first playthrough btw. I didn't know about any of the stuff and the pyromancy guy disappeared when I had my hand upgraded to +3 or so and she eventually appeared.

Also, just go to the other pyromancy guy behind Queelag, level up your pyromancy there and see if she appears.

Just continue playing, stop reading guides and wondering about what you missed. That's the worst way to experience this game. Save the guided experience for your second playthrough. ;)

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By benspyda

I didn't upgrade my glove at all and she appeared. Actually I didn't have a glove at all and couldn't do anything with her at all until I got one off that guy. I have no idea what the trigger is for her to appear.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CptBedlam

@benspyda said:

I have no idea what the trigger is for her to appear.

No one really knows yet but it's definitely not the "+10 upgrade" thing. I think it has to do with defeating Queelag and maybe discovering the Chaos covenant. Maybe you have to do one of several possible things that trigger her.

Rygel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rygel

The pyromancy guy behind Queelag is the one I accidentally killed lol.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

@roflawlmao said:

The pyromancy guy behind Queelag is the one I accidentally killed lol.

How many NPCs did you accidently kill? Sorry, at some point it's your fault.

Rygel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rygel

Just that one and then said yes to the first pyro trainer going away not understanding the implications

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CptBedlam

@roflawlmao said:

Just that one

edit: Ah okay, you were talking about this guy ... I though you meant the miracle guy at Firelink (and by "sister" I thought you meant Rhea praying next to him).

Well yeah, uhm. Just see if Quelaana appears (pretty sure she will eventually)... then you're good. Queelags sister has the best pyromancies (level up Chaos covenant with 30 humanity). Another nice spell is located in the Painted World.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AndyD74

I've found Quelaana before fighting Quelaag.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@AndyD74 said:

I've found Quelaana before fighting Quelaag.

Same. That Greater Combustion spell is a godsend in PvP.

Admittedly, my Pyromancy glove is upgraded to something like +12

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AndyD74

Myself, I enjoy the Great Chaos Fireball. Get it by joining the Chaos Covenant. I've melted many invaders with it.

MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's next on my list, soon's I kill Quelaag.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AndyD74

The only thing that sucks about it is that it takes up two attunement slots. But, it is very powerful with the +5 upgrade. Lava damage ftw!

MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. I imagine I should probably pump up my attunement a little bit. Since meeting up with Quelana I seem to have stockpiled a metric assload of pyromancies I really want to roll with.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By golguin

@roflawlmao said:

I can tell you that is 100% wrong. I had her appear way before I was at +10. I used Quelaana to max out my glove. I first saw her when I was a human with about 5 humanity on my counter. I was on my way to fight Qualaag with two phantoms and she was sitting right there at the pillar. I talked to her and she said something about being surprised I could see her.

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chippy180

@roflawlmao: Supposedly if you join the Chaos Maiden covenant(Quelaag's sister) and get a chaos pyromancy Quelaana will appear. Give that a go and let me know how it fares!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.