Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone able to play this "casually"?

Ovenall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ovenall

Hey all-

I've played a bit of this game (borrowed for a few hours) and am thinking about getting into it for real. Problem is, I never get large chunks of time to play games. I've got a lot of stuff going on in my life.

Has anyone been successful with playing this casually, as in a little here, a little there? Or does this really require lots and lots of serious commitment and long chunks at a time? I'm hoping I can get into it with some success, but really want to hear honest opinions on this topic. Thanks.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By bkbroiler

I have a hard time playing this for anything less than at least an hour. I played for probably 3 hours last night and ended up at the same bonfire I started at. So I can't really imagine playing for less time.

Ovenall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ovenall

An hour here and there works for me. But I can never sit down for three or more hours at a time. Any other opinions? Hoping there's a way...

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I play an hour or so before work every morning, maybe a half hour over my lunch break etc. It works if you plan on just building up some exp in those short periods of time or going over areas you're somewhat familiar with. For longer treks to the boss and exploring you'll probably want 1-3hours.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

I usually go for 1-hour stretches here and there during the day. There is no way I can cope with all that shit constantly for a longer period of time. I usually just roam around, farm some, maybe kill a boss, find a new area and get to another bonfire and call it quits for that session. I prefer it that way.

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BirthWild

yeah, because of college I can play it only like and hour or two, more if I don't want to do homework, but I usually like to do that.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McShank

it can be played casually if u want. Or you can spend all day playing like me :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.