Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Betraying the Forest Hunters covenant was the best decision ever

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nadril

Seriously, this is so much fun. 

You go there and just start getting invaded non-stop by other players. Each player gives a pretty damn good bit of souls (I've gotten from 3k to 12k per player @ level 77) and it's a lot of fun. Also I have the fog ring so it is pretty funny watching the newbies try and find me. 

Now once I get better internet and the combat stops lagging this will really be awesome. 

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Odeeze

i thought the best part about it was the flipping ring : p

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You say that now, but when some Blade of the Darkmoon guy stealths into your word without you noticing, and he's high level and totally mercs you, you won't be laughing.

Or not. Probably not.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

When I face people with the fog ring I just go hide in an obscure corner of the level until you jump off a cliff because you can't leave until you find me.

Fuck the fog ring.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nadril
    @LordXavierBritish said:

When I face people with the fog ring I just go hide in an obscure corner of the level until you jump off a cliff because you can't leave until you find me.

Fuck the fog ring.

I'll try some pvp with the roll ring and see how it goes :P. 
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Spoonman671
    @LordXavierBritish said:

Fuck the fog ring.

Have to agree with this guy.  It's super lame.
    Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nadril

Meh when you are 1v2 and they are trying to get you to agro other mobs it's kind of a nice thing to have. 

1v1 I don't need it (just did a bunch with roll ring and won them) but it means that the mob aggro radius is huge compared to when the ring is on.  

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

I kind of screwed myself over on thw whole forest covenant thing since I told the Cat NO to the quistion it asked by accident and not I can't join at all.   :(

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Tennmuerti said:
    I kind of screwed myself over on thw whole forest covenant thing since I told the Cat NO to the quistion it asked by accident and not I can't join at all.   :(
    That sounds weird. I refused to join the covenant the first time I found her and I came back later and she let me in just fine.

Have you tried absolving your sins?
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    @Tennmuerti said:
    That sounds weird. I refused to join the covenant the first time I found her and I came back later and she let me in just fine.  Have you tried absolving your sins?
    Hmm I'll give it a shot.
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McShank

@Tennmuerti said:

I kind of screwed myself over on thw whole forest covenant thing since I told the Cat NO to the quistion it asked by accident and not I can't join at all. :(

pay the fee with the belltower guy and your sins will be fixed >:D FYI, Second time you do it, it goes from 100k to 140k and so forth. So Be ready to farm if you wish to use him alot.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SuperWristBands

@McShank said:

@Tennmuerti said:

I kind of screwed myself over on thw whole forest covenant thing since I told the Cat NO to the quistion it asked by accident and not I can't join at all. :(

pay the fee with the belltower guy and your sins will be fixed >:D FYI, Second time you do it, it goes from 100k to 140k and so forth. So Be ready to farm if you wish to use him alot.

I said "no" by accident to the guy blocking the entrance to the Chaos Covenant and he wouldn't ask me the question again while I was there. I left and came back a little later and was offered the question again. It's a slightly different situation but I would talk to the cat again before trying to pay off your sins.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @SuperWristBands said:

@McShank said:

@Tennmuerti said:

I said "no" by accident to the guy blocking the entrance to the Chaos Covenant and he wouldn't ask me the question again while I was there. I left and came back a little later and was offered the question again. It's a slightly different situation but I would talk to the cat again before trying to pay off your sins.

Tried that he keeps telling me to fuck off 3rd day in a row now.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Doctorchimp

To the people who have the ninja flip ring...

I have a question

So I joined and I walked over to the bonfire outside the gate, but I randomly got 2000 souls and a samurai jumped on me from out of nowhere. I killed him, took his big katana, got absolved (Thanks FROM) and joined the covenant again.

But did I kill the guy I needed for the ring? That would bum me out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Seppli

Just traded my Skull Latern, which I got in a nightmarish excursion to the blackest depths of the Tomb of Giants, with that tradin' raven in the Asylum for the Fog Ring. Can't stand the covenant PvP stuff. Glad I got the ring nonetheless.

Whoever figured that Raven trader out the first. KUDOS!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McShank

@Tennmuerti: If he sis still telling you to go F yourself, paying your sins off seems to be the only solution. I have read that the cat is pretty picky on this and wont resolve his own issues till you resolve your sins which i guess saying no means you sinned? Either way, you can farm the souls easy in the forest if you have yet to get into Amor londo which is even easier to farm the souls needed :D I think i am currently farming for my second sin repair as I broke the forest covenant just to farm since i wanted souls to upgrade items. Also i have found to leave the chaos covenant without getting the nice little egg, the belltower guy is the only legit way to leave without sinning. This goes for all covenants that hate you if you just leave which are most of them if im correct.

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Odeeze

@Doctorchimp: the guy you need to kill for the ring is a stealthed npc on the right side of the building where the cat is

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.