Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Coming back after playing through Bloodborne

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Man, I didn't realize how much I missed playing this game. I played for about two hours remembering a bunch of the enemies and where certain things were that I felt at home, however, my entire play style has changed. I found myself trying to experiment more. Since there is not blocking in Bloodborne (I also never used the gun) I found myself trying that out here and it seems great. Just two handing an axe and pretty much one shotting some enemies and having them stagger changes some parts of the game for me to where I wanna replay the game.Sadly, I have to play it on PS3 since my PC copy is busted somehow.

The one drawback is not getting health back and some animations are very slow compared to Bloodborne. It is nice to see how much actually changed between these games that it is making me appreciated Bloodborne and Dark Souls more for different reasons each.

Anyone else try going back to to the Souls series again after beating Bloodborne and seeing any differences in your play style?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I plan on playing the new DS2 rerelease on PC after I finish bloodborne. Pretty excited to have magic and bows back

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

Thinking of jumping into it or 2 again only cause the ps4 i was playing bloodborne on died and im jonesin'.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By redyoshi

Yeah, I definitely intend to play through this game again and not be such a wuss this time.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already played the souls games with light armor and no shield so there really is no difference. At least the souls games had more dex weapons though. Found 4 or 5 in bloodborne but I only found 2 effective. Might do a quick DS1 DS2 run through though. I still really like them. Demons souls though... I still don't really care for that one.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fancy trying out an off-hand bow with a main weapon once I'm done with my first playthrough. Actually, does that setup eliminate your ability to parry?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know. Looks like two-handing a main and dodging swiftly is the closest we'll get to a Hunter build.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.