Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Corrupted save file

Ovenall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ovenall

One save file allowed per character... What could possibly go wrong?

I had a level 16 warrior (5 hours of playtime... I'm new) and now the save file will not load. Attempting it causes a hard crash to the Xbox, forcing a restart of the console. I've tried it four times now.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm reluctant to start over because the game is frustrating enough as it is without crap like this.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jozzy

@Ovenall said:

One save file allowed per character... What could possibly go wrong?

I had a level 16 warrior (5 hours of playtime... I'm new) and now the save file will not load. Attempting it causes a hard crash to the Xbox, forcing a restart of the console. I've tried it four times now.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm reluctant to start over because the game is frustrating enough as it is without crap like this.

Did you close the game by using the menu, or did you just turn of the xbox or used the guide? I have heard that happen sometimes and the game warned me against doing that when I did it once. Anyway, you'll probably reach the same spot in half the time now you know what you are doing.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb

First I've heard of problems like this. Also, just start over 5h isn't a lot in this game. Since you know where everything is it'll go a LOT faster to catch up.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

I am kinda scared about that happening. Did the save file kill itself or did you turn it off while saving? I'm scared that this might happen to me. I don't shut down the system when shit goes bad, I know that won't help but I still... what if the power goes out!?

Ovenall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ovenall

@SuperWristBands: I've been using the Quit option in the game menu. I still can't even get past the Taurus demon. I may give this game up. Oh well.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroMetal

Could be a 360 bug.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jozzy

@Ovenall said:

@SuperWristBands: I've been using the Quit option in the game menu. I still can't even get past the Taurus demon. I may give this game up. Oh well.

Oh wow, first time I heard of that problem. I hope you'll try at least one more time, the Taurus boss is definately an initial difficulty spike. Get some firebombs and cheese himto death, or jump off the tower for the plunging attack.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow

My internet connection is absolute shit and so the game locks up on me every now and then, forcing me to restart. I can't even count the number of times I've seen the message saying "last time you -blablablablah". I've never had a corrupted save file from that. Then again I'm playing on the PS3 so maybe there's something unique to the xbox version making that happen

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

Sorry to hear that man, but 5 hours is not really that much and you'll beat the levels way faster this time. Also try something different this time, maybe pick a sorcerer if you were using a hunter or a thief if you rocked with giant axes.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT

@Ovenall said:

Damn dude. Wait till you get to the Capra demon. He's the only boss that actually annoyed me thus far.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By jimi

You get that if you either don't quit from the menu or rage flip the off switch on your ps3.

If it was neither of those I have no idea.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By McShank

@Ovenall said:

My friend bought this game because of peer pressure. He never played demon's and he had only seen playing dark when i was farming the Gaping. He spent 9 hours farming before the taurus boss. Hit level 20, and had farmed for about 50 firebombs and had changed all his armor to chain as a sorc. the boss is not hard. Time your rolls, use the Pine Resin if you haven't wasted them all already. Use firebombs. Also, dont turn your game off without using the quit feature. Demon's had no problem with this because if was something that they didnt patch for as if you died and quit the game before the screen came up saying you died, you wouldnt lose anything. This is their way of fixing that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.