Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls is awesome!!!

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slyely

I know you guys with PS3 have played Demon Souls and now Dark Souls, but what I own console-wise is the 360. This game was an X-mas gift that I was sorta interested in. Man was I surprised. Just got done killing Seeth, now I'm messing around in The Great Hollow and so far this game is awesome. I've been playing so many western influenced games that seem to stick to a general formula when it comes to difficulty and style (not saying that are not good, I love 'em). Just love how this game combines the open worldness with a Japanese artstyle influence, and a ranked up difficulty...it's just all around enjoyable. Next step is definitely to get into the pvp aspect of the game. I just hope the 360 has enough people playing to be able to enjoy some good pvp.

So as a new person to the world of souls...any tips for pvp or pve (please no spoilers)? And how do you 360 owners feel about Dark Souls?

Edit: My current build is Vit for life of course, End for moves, and Int because I like to use spells and this game allows for the option to do melee even though I'm not working on Str and Dex. But, those are my main attributes I'm focusing on.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BrockNRolla

It's pretty good. That said, I stopped to play Skyrim, and now that I'm done with that, I can't say I feel any pull back to Dark Souls.

Avatar image for bruceleesoapdish
    BruceLeeSoapdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BruceLeeSoapdish

Best place for PvP is the ash desert right before the final boss, try to be around level 80 for best results. My personal favorite is the maxed-out black knight axe (fastest swinging two-hander and it swings horizontal in sweeps) and a +15 eagle shield coupled with the tranquil walk of peace miracle. You can also use humanities to refill your health when you invade, so stock up on those as well.

Glad you're enjoying and i personally can't wait for the next "souls" entry.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@BrockNRolla said:

It's pretty good. That said, I stopped to play Skyrim, and now that I'm done with that, I can't say I feel any pull back to Dark Souls.

Funny. Skyrim stopped working correctly, so I went back to playing Dark Souls and am considering selling Skyrim off used somewhere. The circle of life!

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Make_Me_Mad said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Funny. Skyrim stopped working correctly, so I went back to playing Dark Souls and am considering selling Skyrim off used somewhere. The circle of life!

It moves us all.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By strainedeyes

Dark Souls really is fantastic. Probably the coolest open-world ever.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slyely

@BrockNRolla said:

@Make_Me_Mad said:

@BrockNRolla said:

It moves us all.

I actually have both Skyrim and Dark Souls. Skyrim on PC. I have already played it for about 60 hours. That is also a great game, but that is another thread altogether. Dark Souls came about because I was starting to get the Elder Scrolls burnout (ya know where you stop for a bit then come back because you just have to play it). I'm still just amazed at how good Dark Souls is though. For an RPG lover, especially an old school RPG lover Dark Souls scratched that itch for me. Plus it has pvp in a fantasy world...something I wish we saw more instead of all the military FPS games. Or RPGMMOs, but the grindfest in those can become really really boring.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slyely

@BruceLeeSoapdish said:

Best place for PvP is the ash desert right before the final boss, try to be around level 80 for best results. My personal favorite is the maxed-out black knight axe (fastest swinging two-hander and it swings horizontal in sweeps) and a +15 eagle shield coupled with the tranquil walk of peace miracle. You can also use humanities to refill your health when you invade, so stock up on those as well.

Glad you're enjoying and i personally can't wait for the next "souls" entry.

Thx Bruce. Right now I'm at sl 69, I got the eagle shield and am using it...though I have not unlocked the +15 yet only the +10. I also just got the Moonlight Sword from Seeth (I'm curious about this one), I'm thinking about using that to see how it scales...currently have a mix of Quelaggs Fury for fire, lightning Claymore, magic Estoc, and the lightning spear.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndyD74

I've had many pvp fights. I wish I could help you out and give you tips though, but apparently I suck, though I've had several victories. I easily get backstabbed by my opponents. It's like they just nonchalantly walk behind me and stab me. I don't get it. If I win, it's because I hit them and stun them, and I just keep wailing til they die.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.