Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

DLC is out now

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

Just paid for it. Now downloading.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By VanderSEXXX

How big is it?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By golguin

Like 350mg and xbox just cut me off as I was about to hit portal for system update.

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Finalcell

Still have to wait until tomorrow because of EU :<

Can't wait, looks amazing!

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jozzy

The DLC is really great, enjoy guys! Some tough bosses in there too, haven't been able to take out the last one yet.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bocam

Don't kill Sif until after you finish the DLC

funkpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By funkpanda

Is the DLC live on PSN yet?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's at this point that I really wish that I brought my Xbox with me to school (parents wouldn't let me, etc.), as I am really in the mood for some more Dark Souls but don't want to buy it again and then buy a good controller so I can actually play it. Oh well. I guess that is what holiday breaks are for.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TobbRobb

NYAH Dirty console peasants! (I'm joking, please take it easy, you know who I'm talking to"

The DLC is preeeeetty awesome. I'd say the bosses are among the hardest in the game! Well not all of them, but a few. Have fun guys!

It's a bit convoluted to start it all up, but just think of the things that seemingly led nowhere before. It's integrated into the world. Or just google it, :P.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

how much? 15?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bocam

@Sackmanjones said:

how much? 15?

Yeah

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laserbolts

I just started new game+. Will I have to play up to a certain point to access the DLC or is it a menu option? Sorry been avoiding everything about this stuff.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Cincaid

Sounds like a great time to dive back into Dark Souls soon! Never finished the game when it was released (rage-quit on the final boss), so might as well start over from scratch on a new game with this DLC.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jozzy

@laserbolts said:

I just started new game+. Will I have to play up to a certain point to access the DLC or is it a menu option? Sorry been avoiding everything about this stuff.

You need to be quite far in the game, you need something from the Duke's Archives.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @jozzy

@laserbolts said:

You need to be quite far in the game, you need something from the Duke's Archives.

Ouch... This is a bummer. I finished my game a few months ago to prepare for this and I had stopped inside the dukes archives. Would it be easier to go through my new game+ or just start a new game in general
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laserbolts

@jozzy said:

@laserbolts said:

Thanks. That is a good ways in.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jozzy

@Sackmanjones said:

@jozzy

@laserbolts said:

Ouch... This is a bummer. I finished my game a few months ago to prepare for this and I had stopped inside the dukes archives. Would it be easier to go through my new game+ or just start a new game in general

Either way is good, depends on if you want to start a new character or not (I have around 6, so many different playstyles that are fun!). Shouldn't make much difference in time. You will be surprised how easy the first half of the game is now you have some experience, you will get there in a fraction of the time it cost you the first time.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @jozzy

@Sackmanjones said:

@jozzy

@laserbolts said:

Either way is good, depends on if you want to start a new character or not (I have around 6, so many different playstyles that are fun!). Shouldn't make much difference in time. You will be surprised how easy the first half of the game is now you have some experience, you will get there in a fraction of the time it cost you the first time.

I started as a pyro but then I kinda converted to a heavy armor player. May just restart a new character as a knight that already favors those stats. Thanks for the help
    commonoutlier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By commonoutlier

Baah, I wish I just had the PC version of the game sometimes...maybe I'll buy it during the winter when I renew my Xbox LIVE Gold Membership...

preheatedbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By preheatedbibby

@Sackmanjones said:

how much? 15?

Yes, 1200 Microsoft Points for the Xbox version.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vashyron

PSN, I demand you update, like now.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By plaintomato

@Sackmanjones said:

@jozzy

@Sackmanjones said:

@jozzy

@laserbolts said:

I started as a pyro but then I kinda converted to a heavy armor player. May just restart a new character as a knight that already favors those stats. Thanks for the help

Don't delete your Pyro though! A straight up Pyro is one of the most fun change-up builds in the game. If there were only three save slots I'd still have a straight up Pyro taking up one of them.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By plop1920

At what level should I go into the dlc? I have a sl 120 thief that just wrecks stuff even in ng+++ and I don't want to go in the dlc without the "true" darksouls experience of throwing my controller at the wall

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mosespippy

@plop1920: If you were going through a normal new game you'd find the DLC once you could defeat gold crystal golems and the hydra. So, probably 45 to 70.

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Finalcell

I ain't seeing this yet in the EU store (xbox). Am I missing something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've completed the game 3 times now, and got platinum, not really intrested continuing anymore, since i feel like i've seen it all. But i do hope to see new souls game soon, its a fantastic series.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StrikeALight

@SpartanHoplite said:

I've completed the game 3 times now, and got platinum, not really intrested continuing anymore, since i feel like i've seen it all. But i do hope to see new souls game soon, its a fantastic series.

Yeah, they're working on it. They just haven't confirmed or denied whether it'll take place in the same universe as DkS (Lordran).

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

So in the description for the DLC, it says 'co-op matchmaking', but haven't been able to find a solid answer as to if it's actually in there or how it works. All I've heard about is the PvP stuff. Can anyone clarify this for me? I need a good excuse to go back to this game, but I want to know for sure before I go and buy the DLC.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By McGhee

So what do people think? How long is it? Does it open up a lot of new areas?

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NecroMongo

@McGhee: There are 4 new areas and 4 new ( TOUGH ) bosses! I'm really enjoying it. I'm just over 5 hours in. I've nearly finished it and am up to the last boss and an optional boss. If you want new Dark Souls content then you won't be disappointed. It did make me wish for a new souls game however.....The thrill of exploring new areas was over too quick. :/

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaolinSpade

I downloaded the DLC and now all now I'm getting "you defeated" again. I don't know if it was the new patch or the DLC now that I that I think about it. "You defeated" is better than "victory" btw.

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By supertuna

How long is it? Is it worth $15?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By murisan

@ShaolinSpade: I MISS THAT! On the PC version it says "VICTORY ACHIEVED." Totally not as good as YOU DEFEATED

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NathanStack

@supertuna: Depends on how good you are at the game. I'd said between 5 and 7 hours.

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By supertuna

@familyphotoshoot: Cool. Thanks.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@OneKillWonder_: Thats just refering to the PVP arena. I assume by co-op matchmaking, they really mean "We have 2v2 PvP arenas too!"

It was one of the selling points for the PC port and the co-op in that version is just as hit or miss as the console versions.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DelroyLindo

Artorias is kicking the shite out of me

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sackmanjones

Man. I'd love to buy this but I'm nowhere near the place where I can gain across to it. Does anyone know if I can install the dlc mid game if it will work?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.