Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

DLC worth the $15?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So is the DLC worth the $15? Am I really missing all that much? I just started a new character and was wondering. Also if I do can I access it mid game or would I have to have the DLC before I start a character to get at it?

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It is some of the best content in the game from both combat and lore perspectives.

There is a sequence of events which lead up to the dlc, I do not know whether you can satisfy the conditions from a mid-game save. I would think that you can provided that a relevant character is still alive in your game - gamefaqs seems to confirm that.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure. I'd say it's worth that much. Some great stuff.

Not sure whether you can start halfway in though. I'd say just go for it and don't risk it. Unless you're okay with maybe playing it during your second playthrough instead.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like Dark Souls, the DLC is more Dark Souls!
    You can access the DLC following some steps starting from about the middle of the game, so you should be OK with your current character.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By topsteer

I'd say it's definitely worth it. You'll want to look up how to actually access the content because you have to do some pretty specific things in order to access the new areas.

I thought the regular enemies were kinda disappointing but the boss fights are brilliant. I found the new gear to be quite disappointing as well, none of the weapons or armor I found replaced any of what I used in the main game.

There's also a new PvP mode in which you can play Duels(1 vs 1),Team(2 vs 2) and Deathmatch(4 man free for all).

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say so. Boss fights are amazing in the dlc and it has the best place for farming humanity now. I like the armor and new weapons you get and there's a really active pvp scene in the township if your into that. You have to wait until mid game before you can access it. From soft said the recommended sl was about 55, so basically after your done with anor londo and have the lord vessel and you can access it on any character as long as you have the dlc installed.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colorbrandon

I'd say go for it. If you havent played the DLC, then you'll be surprised that it adds 3 of the best bosses in the game, and a few mini bosses as well. Its also one of the few places where all enemies will chain pull, a pleasant surprise.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: It's 7 bucks on PS3; and it's the best "world" (to use a Demon's Souls term) of the whole series. Of the top 7 bosses in the series 4 of them reside in the DLC and it shows that From can make even better content in the future, so here's to hoping the entirety of Dark Souls II is nothing but Gwyns/Flamelurkers/Manuses/Kalameets/and maybe one or two good puzzle bosses.

Avatar image for smashed_pumpkins
    smashed_pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I have a question. If you enter the DLC world, are you locked in, or can you leave at any point?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By gaminghooligan
    Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.