Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Forest Covenant PVP Problem

zuggzugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zuggzugg

I've been trying to get this fog ring for 2 days now. I haven't got a single invasion. I'm still in the covenant, I have the ring on, the npcs don't attack me. I'm standing around in the forest, even though I read you can be summoned from anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I want to get the fog ring so i can then kill the ninja for the backflip ring and be done w/ this area.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kazzurak

Try unequipping it and re equipping it i dunno i havent had much trouble with it, maybe its just random what time on the day youre playing i was summoned repeatedly when iwere going through sen's fortress just equip it and go through the game is my advice

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nadril

I gave up on the invasions and just traded the skull lantern with the bird. (also the ninja ring is awesome :P) 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Try restarting the game.
    It might place you in a busier lobby or try to play during peak hours.
    I got summoned like 5 times in half an hour, it just got silly as I kept trying to progress through Blight-town and every few mins I got summoned away.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By white

@zuggzugg said:

I've been trying to get this fog ring for 2 days now. I haven't got a single invasion. I'm still in the covenant, I have the ring on, the npcs don't attack me. I'm standing around in the forest, even though I read you can be summoned from anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I want to get the fog ring so i can then kill the ninja for the backflip ring and be done w/ this area.

Give Snuggly the Crow a lantern from the Catacombs and be done with it.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

I got to make one invasion, after that something glitched ... I got 2000 souls out of nothing (some guy probably fell through the world or down a cliff again) and the weird cat told me I'm a traitor. That kinda sucked. I liked the concept of this covenant and wanted to do a few invasions.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phonics

Try being online. Try not having a super fucked up connection, open your NAT.

I can't get out of the forest because I get invaded the moment I get rid of the last invader, same thing in Anor Londo and Painted World.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

@CptBedlam said:

I got to make one invasion, after that something glitched ... I got 2000 souls out of nothing (some guy probably fell through the world or down a cliff again) and the weird cat told me I'm a traitor. That kinda sucked. I liked the concept of this covenant and wanted to do a few invasions.

SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME! OH MY GOD.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Oni

@Phonics said:

Try being online. Try not having a super fucked up connection, open your NAT.

I can't get out of the forest because I get invaded the moment I get rid of the last invader, same thing in Anor Londo and Painted World.

This describes all my forest experiences. I either have to get killed or turn the game off to get out of there. It's kind of funny I think!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

How to get the Fog Ring:

Step 1: Keep restarting your game until you get a match.

Step 2: Hide your character in a remote part of the forest and walk away for about half an hour, when you come back you will have a victory.

Rinse and repeat two more times.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By tekmojo

So in total probably done about 35+ invasions with this covenant in the past couple of days. I'm Forest Covenant +1, the fat cat ceases to give me any more items. What now? What does each win thereafter give me?

TheRemedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheRemedy

My question is related to the op. I joined the covenant, restarted to avoid that one glitch, was walking around a bit and something died somewhere giving me 2k souls. And as I was near what was once a friendly npc he started attacking me. I powered down my game as I hadn't seen the autosave in awhile so hopefully it will boot up before this happened, but incase it didn't, is there a way to avoid whatever happened?

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By matiaz_tapia

This is somewhat off-topic, but I find it kinda sad that all PvP is about getting that fog ring. Everyone talks about the forest covenant for that reason, and nobody even mentions that you can become a fucking dragon person.

As far as that fog ring goes. Don't know, there was something fun about dueling an invader, even if you lose. That thing sort of ruins that particular thing.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nadril
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    How to get the Fog Ring:  Step 1: Keep restarting your game until you get a match.  Step 2: Hide your character in a remote part of the forest and walk away for about half an hour, when you come back you will have a victory.  Rinse and repeat two more times.
    Had some kid try this against me in Anor Londo the other day. Ended up finding him and making short work of him.  

Pretty annoying if you go there with the intent to pvp. 
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@tekmojo: You don't get anything for ranking up with Alvina, only the first five kills.

@TheRemedy: Sometimes the NPCs walk off a cliff because they are retarded, and it counts as a kill and will break the covenant. There's no way to really prevent it, it's a bug. The best advice i can give you is to stay out of the forest as much as possible if you are in the covenant and just wait somewhere else with the Cat Ring to get matches.

@Matiaz_Tapia: The problem with the Dragon covenant is that you need to get 30 scales to actually get the stone that turns you into a dragonoid which either takes an obnoxious amount of farming or hunting other players which doesn't work particularly well. Getting the Fog Ring is significantly easier and almost anyone can do it with very little commitment.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CptBedlam

@TheRemedy: @LordXavierBritish: @White:

Just to let you guys know ... buying absolution from the creepy dude in the church tower solved the forest hunter covenant problem. The weird cat reappeared and I can join the covenant again.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

It wasn't until Friday night that things got a little busy in the forest. I was getting summoned every 10 minutes or so. After that night, I didn't see another summon, much less a summoning sign.

I really hope they fix the online stuff. I joined a covenant which lets me hunt down dirty sinners, except the blue orb you get to invade those who are guilty never ever works. Ever.

SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SirDancelot

For anyone doing the Forest Covenant just to get the Ring of Fog: You can easily get it later after completing the Tomb of Giants, just trade the skull lantern you get down there with the crow in the Undead Asylum and you'll get a shiny new Ring of Fog. Accidentally broke the Forest Covenant on my first play through, and ended up saving a good deal of time, and still got the ring.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

It wasn't until Friday night that things got a little busy in the forest. I was getting summoned every 10 minutes or so. After that night, I didn't see another summon, much less a summoning sign.

I really hope they fix the online stuff. I joined a covenant which lets me hunt down dirty sinners, except the blue orb you get to invade those who are guilty never ever works. Ever.

The guys exploiting that forest farming glitch deserve to be hunted down even more than any sinner anyway. Keep the forest clean!

ragnarok7038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ragnarok7038

@CptBedlam said:

@TheRemedy: @LordXavierBritish: @White:

Just to let you guys know ... buying absolution from the creepy dude in the church tower solved the forest hunter covenant problem. The weird cat reappeared and I can join the covenant again.

It's a good thing that they at least give you this option, except it's not due to player action but a glitch. 80,000 souls is a lot at my current level, and if I wait til I'm at a level where that many souls is reasonably obtainable, it will be an even steeper price. For those who don't know, absolution cost is (your current soul level) x 2,000.

I don't even particularly want the ring of fog, it's just one of the earliest opportunities in the game to try your hand at PVP, and honestly it's not worth it trying to grind out those souls. While the news of upcoming patches makes me hopeful that this will get addressed, I don't have high hopes of such a patch reversing it for anyone who had this happen. (Internally, I'm sure the game can't differentiate from people who this happened to and those that targeted a friendly Forest Guardian on purpose.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.