Goddam Blighttown elevator!!!

#1 Posted by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

Does anybody have a good strategy for getting off this damn elevator?! I have put over 100 hours into this game (across 2 characters) and I still can't nail the timing for this elevator. It's pretty sad when you know enemy movements and patterns but still have trouble getting off an elevator.

I'm talking about when you get to the top, and the elevator for some reason goes a little slower. Sometimes I can make it off but other times I hit SOMETHING and just fall. Maybe if they had just put a regular elevator instead of this shitty, spastic wooden one powered by a dog.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Does anybody have a good strategy for getting off this damn elevator?! I have put over 100 hours into this game (across 2 characters) and I still can't nail the timing for this elevator. It's pretty sad when you know enemy movements and patterns but still have trouble getting off an elevator.

I'm talking about when you get to the top, and the elevator for some reason goes a little slower. Sometimes I can make it off but other times I hit SOMETHING and just fall. Maybe if they had just put a regular elevator instead of this shitty, spastic wooden one powered by a dog.

It is the easyest thing in the world. Just step off about 2/3 feet up. Ive never fallen. Ever.

What happens when you try to get off? You more or less just step right off when it get to the platform. Unless you are mistaking which platform is the one you get off on.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@xyzygy said:

Does anybody have a good strategy for getting off this damn elevator?! I have put over 100 hours into this game (across 2 characters) and I still can't nail the timing for this elevator. It's pretty sad when you know enemy movements and patterns but still have trouble getting off an elevator.

I'm talking about when you get to the top, and the elevator for some reason goes a little slower. Sometimes I can make it off but other times I hit SOMETHING and just fall. Maybe if they had just put a regular elevator instead of this shitty, spastic wooden one powered by a dog.

It is the easyest thing in the world. Just step off about 2/3 feet up. Ive never fallen. Ever.

What happens when you try to get off? You more or less just step right off when it get to the platform. Unless you are mistaking which platform is the one you get off on.

Well when I roll off my character hits something, like an invisible wall. I have lost so many souls because of this weird elevator. When it gets to the top it kind of halts for a split second, and then shortly after I attempt to roll. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't.

#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@xyzygy said:

Does anybody have a good strategy for getting off this damn elevator?! I have put over 100 hours into this game (across 2 characters) and I still can't nail the timing for this elevator. It's pretty sad when you know enemy movements and patterns but still have trouble getting off an elevator.

I'm talking about when you get to the top, and the elevator for some reason goes a little slower. Sometimes I can make it off but other times I hit SOMETHING and just fall. Maybe if they had just put a regular elevator instead of this shitty, spastic wooden one powered by a dog.

It is the easyest thing in the world. Just step off about 2/3 feet up. Ive never fallen. Ever.

What happens when you try to get off? You more or less just step right off when it get to the platform. Unless you are mistaking which platform is the one you get off on.

Well when I roll off my character hits something, like an invisible wall. I have lost so many souls because of this weird elevator. When it gets to the top it kind of halts for a split second, and then shortly after I attempt to roll. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't.

Why are you rolling? Step off dude. The platform you get off at is more or less inchs from the wheel.Kinda sounds like your getting off at the wrong spot.Try waiting for the real top dude.

#5 Posted by deathfury (531 posts) -

I had the exact same problem, I thought that I was supposed to get off when the elevator slowed down. Turns out you have get off of it at the very top, not at the point where it slows down.

#6 Edited by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: @deathfury: OHHH I see.. I WAS at the top, but for some reason I thought there was a gap between the platform and the elevator. That's why I was rolling. I'm just seeing now that you can wait until the extreme top of the elevator (when the platform you stand on is vertical) and just walk off.

Durr. Thanks duders.

#7 Posted by Branwulf (403 posts) -

Roll off it when it's just over the platform. Never had a problem with it.

#8 Posted by pjacobson21 (198 posts) -

i died so many times on that thing.  It was honestly my only "fuck this game" moment because it clearly wasn't meant to be an obstacle, just a tool to progress further, but I died more on that thing than anywhere else in the game. Lost a good 25k souls on it once too, which at that stage in the game seemed like a small fortune.

#9 Posted by LookItsPineapple (31 posts) -

I lost several thousand souls to that thing when I first encountered it because I didn't know what the hell was going on, pissed me off to no end at the time. Then I realized you can get everything in that area, and go through the entire game, without ever once using that horrible elevator. Just avoid it completely.

#10 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

I just lost 50k souls on it. Not a problem in NG+ though. Googled "fucking blighttown elevator" to finally rid this problem, and it brought me here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.