Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

has this ever happened to you?

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

i was in the catacombs and i rolled off a ledge instead of taking the ladder then a big skeleton must of hit me midair and i clipped threw the ladder & fell threw the world
    ended up in this brownish grey nothingness! (it had a floor but no textures or wireframes or anything)
    knowing the game autosaves frequently i freaked the fuck out, and quit as soon as possible.
    reloaded before the roll, so...back up your saves everyonce ina while.

anyone ever had any crazy glitches occur during your playthrough?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Nothing major luckily enough, though there have been moments where I've gotten stuck in pieces of geometry, and I've encountered the occasional enemy that was stuck in the T stance as they slide around with their arms out.

One quick search on youtube, however, proves that there's plenty of jank just waiting to surface.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ezekiel

Happened to me in both Demon's and Dark SOuls.

Actually, no. I just fell for very long.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got knocked through the floor by a burrowing rockworm in the demon ruins. I landed on an otherwise inaccessible plateau next to what I believe was the boss area, but it wouldn't let me walk/roll off the edge so I had to use a homeward bone to get back.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm playing through Dark Souls for the first time at the moment. Thankfully nothing like that has happened to me but you've inspired me to backup my save just in case.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZolRoyce

I've never fallen through the floor but I've had lots of enemies fall through the floor, especially the Pinwheels in the Catacombs, there is a certain area near one of the exits/entrances where they will roll into the wall near it and fall right out of existence.
    However has @petiew brought up, bring a homeward bone with you everywhere you go and there isn't much need to worry about a glitch like that breaking your game.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ezekiel

@zolroyce said:

I've never fallen through the floor but I've had lots of enemies fall through the floor, especially the Pinwheels in the Catacombs, there is a certain area near one of the exits/entrances where they will roll into the wall near it and fall right out of existence.

However has @petiew brought up, bring a homeward bone with you everywhere you go and there isn't much need to worry about a glitch like that breaking your game.

At the bottom of the catacombs I sometimes see skeleton enemies in midair. Sometimes I only see the eyes, and they actually fight.

Oh, another thing: The necromancer in front of the turning bridge almost always commits suicide in the Windows version. Disappointing, since I like to flip the bridge as he is crossing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@zolroyce said:

Oh yeah, that's been like that since day 1. Though I kinda appreciate that they never fixed it; skelewheel fuckers are annoying enough that I'll gladly accept any such assistance :P

Seeing that the tiny beings ring still states that it'll recharge your health slightly on the starting item selection menu is rather heinous, though. Another such bug that's been there since the start.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've fallen through the world before and died, never managed to not die so doing. The world is continguous so there really are like 10-11 layers of terrain to fall through.

ThePinkKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you don't have a homeward bone, you can also use the Darksign to get back to a bonfire.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepinkknight said:

Even if you don't have a homeward bone, you can also use the Darksign to get back to a bonfire.

At the cost of all your humanity and souls, however. It's still preferable to finding yourself forever trapped in some form of broken environmental limbo, but still, I think it's safer to simply always make sure you're stocked with a healthy supply of homeward bones.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

reloading should always do the trick. It always reloads you to the last moment you had sure footing, so unless the game counts some kind of void as that it should put you back before you fell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.