Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

How did I get this many souls?

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
    Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have only recently started playing Dark Souls, and I was hovering around soul level 25 the other night after reaching the Undead Parish, and decided to reverse hollowing for the first time. Predictably, I got invaded rather quickly. At first, my invader was just hanging out, taunting me. I had my shield up and got in a few hits - somehow, I earned almost 80k souls just hitting this guy. He eventually killed me, and left. I was able to run back and collect all 80k+ souls.

Later, the same guy invaded again and went on the attack. With my shield up, every time I blocked an attack, I got a ton of souls. I ended up with 1.6 million when he killed me. Again, I was able to go back and collect them, boosting my soul level to 96.

What happened?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I'm pretty sure that guy was hacked. No way you could get souls that way let alone by simply attacking him.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3 sweep  Moderator

From what I've learned of watching/playing Dark Souls, there's probably some bullshit ring or curse or something that lets you leak souls out.

There's always something...

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You lucky bastard.

Best thing I've had happen to me was when a guy invaded and dropped me a Black Knight Sword. He then began to attack me, at which point, instead of facing up to him and dying with dignity at his hands, I turned on my heels and leapt off a cliff to my death.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't remember any item that lets you leak out souls, especially not that much. Undead perish also the area where high level dicks prey on starting players.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Sounds hacked to me

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ravelle said:

I don't remember any item that lets you leak out souls, especially not that much. Undead perish also the area where high level dicks prey on starting players.

High level dicks, like the Phallic Reaper, they find you when you are most vulnerable. And they do terribly unspeakable things to you that make you wonder "Why, oh lord why, did I ever come to this place"?

Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, if the guy was hacked, that would make sense. I guess I won't complain and I will chalk it up to the randomness of an individual's Dark Souls experience.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would suggest you start a new character or something, getting boosted to SL96 at Undead Parish isn't fun.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ModernAlkemie

I like the idea of this invasion being a double troll. Not only does the dude invade you with a hacked character and kill you, but he gives you enough souls to level yourself to the point where the game's challenge is negated and the gameplay is trivialized.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You done got haxed son. Also SL 96 is like over kill for anything in the game. If you want the real dark souls expeirence you may want to restart.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The real dark souls experience is to break the disc in half and slit your throat with one of the pieces. Then you have to beat it from the grave with your ghostly powers. The only true way to play, in my opinion. As a Dark Souls E x p e r t

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got invaded by someone in the Undead Parish that didn't attack me, but instead spawned a whole bunch of Dredglings and Channellers. After I beat them, he dropped a nice item (a slab I think, can't remeber) and left. It made me kind of want to start doing that.

Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys guilt tripped me into starting over. I was so surprised how quickly I got back to where I was thanks to getting more familiar with the controls and the game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As other people said, hax.

I'd restart the character. You're such a high level that nothing is going to be enjoyable.

Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I did restart. Got myself back up to the gargoyles last night - definitely enjoyable. At the Capra Demon now, but considering trying to find myself a Black Knight Sword first.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ShadowSkill11

You press Numpad key 4 a fewtimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.