Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

i killed a merchant! am i screwed?

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

i killed a merchant! he looked like one of the bad guys so i straight ran to him and struck him, he then said something in english which got me even more scared so i then completly killed him until he stoped moving completly, am i screwed? are their any other shop keepers in the game, i dont feel like starting again >:\

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mariek430

Which one?

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

its this  merchant underground who had 2 spearmen on the top floor i dont know exactly where, but its good to hear there are other merchants.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By IBurningStar

No, you aren't screwed, but you did make the game a bit more difficult for yourself.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shaunk

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

i killed a merchant! he looked like one of the bad guys so i straight ran to him and struck him, he then said something in english which got me even more scared so i then completly killed him until he stoped moving completly, am i screwed? are their any other shop keepers in the game, i dont feel like starting again >:\

I laughed my ass off at that part.

But I do believe that all merchants sell exclusive things. At least that's what I have heard from everybody else who accidentally killed merchants. Maybe you can check his location and find out what he sold online, and make note of if he sold anything you would need? I don't know.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @IBurningStar: nooooo !!!!
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mariek430

Male undead guy in Undead Burg?

He sells the key that frees Griggs from Lower Undead Burg, so you'll be down one of the mage trainers, not sure if that will effect your ability to talk with his master later down the road when he makes his way to Firelink

Edit: for future reference do not kill the egg guy after the boss in Blighttown,

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mason

There are a lot of merchants, but each of them is one of a kind. Which one did you kill? If you're asking this, I assume the undead merchant at the beginning.

Killing him is a big problem since he's your main source for arrows for the start of the game. But he's not the only one who sells them, but the next one won't be for a long time. So it's not a game breaker, but it'll be a big pain in the ass.

I don't think there's any one death that would ruin the game...but if you kill many, then you really start running out of options.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @Mariek430: not intrested in magic, im a pyromancer :D
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

he then said something in english which got me even more scared so i then completly killed him until he stoped moving completly,

Haha, why does everyone keep killing NPCs?

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shaunk

@NekuSakuraba said:

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

he then said something in english which got me even more scared so i then completly killed him until he stoped moving completly,

Haha, why does everyone keep killing NPCs?

Lol, I thought that was hilarious. Is it hard to tell who NPCs are in that game? Or is everyone just super jumpy?

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mariek430

@GeneralMojo_786: Definitely do NOT kill the eggguy after the boss in Blighttown, just walk up to him and talk to him, he's a merchant who sells Pyromancy and can upgrade your Pyrohand thingy.

Later down the road another merchant will show up near the boss area in Blighttown, kinda looks like one of those ring wraiths from lord of the rings, she also sells pyormancy, dont kill her =P

for her to show up you need your pyromancy hand at +15, also has to be done before you kill one of the 4 last boss type guys also.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @NekuSakuraba: this game makes it really hard to tell between freind or foe, i almost killed this man under a church bell, he scared the living crap out of me.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

No. You are not screwed. You are now a man. Venture forth and slay, my son!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@beziercurve said:

ALSO - from now on, if you swing at something and it starts speaking english, stop hitting it and run away. You'll be able to reset NPC aggression later if something like that comes up again.

Yeah, from what I hear there is some guy who can make it so they aren't aggressive towards you.

Also, doesn't this game have a save feature? Can't you just load a save before you killed him?

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @jakob187: your right! im gona kill everything that gets in my way!
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mariek430

@NekuSakuraba: It auto saves if you so much as swing your sword, even at rocks lol

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mason

@GeneralMojo_786: Pyromancer huh? Well here's a tip for you. There's a pyromancer teacher in The Depths trapped in a room full of pottery. He's being guarded by a big butcher guy. DO NOT use your weapon to break him free. Use your roll.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @mason: wheres the depths? and since hes guarded by a butcher, to hell with him.....
    Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vestigial_Man

@NekuSakuraba: Along with near constant autosaving, there is only one save file per character. If you do something, it stays done.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By N7
    @GeneralMojo_786 said:
    @jakob187: your right! im gona kill everything that gets in my way!
    Damnit General! That's how you got in this mess in the first place!

Protip for the future: The guy chopping meat is NOT an NPC or Merchant. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gike987
    @mason said:

@GeneralMojo_786: Pyromancer huh? Well here's a tip for you. There's a pyromancer teacher in The Depths trapped in a room full of pottery. He's being guarded by a big butcher guy. DO NOT use your weapon to break him free. Use your roll.

You can use your weapon to break him free, just make sure you don't hit him more than once. But it's safer to roll.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#27  Edited By jacksukeru

If it's that early I would just start again, unless you've already played like 15 hours without seeing him.

He sells some good things. The orange soapstone you will get if you kill him so that's not a problem, the repair box he sells is also sold by the blacksmith so it's not a big deal, fire bombs are hard to come by though, and arrows are pretty much impossible to find outside of the other merchant that sells them much later in the game. You also won't be able to free the first Sorceries trainer without the key that he sells, I think those are the big ones. Ah, and you'll have a hard time finding a bow in the beginning of the game, not that you'll have any arrows for it anyway.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mason

@GeneralMojo_786: Under the Undead Burg. You'll be heading there probably after you've rung the first bell.

P.S. Stop killing NPCs (unless they have really cool loot).

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#29  Edited By jacksukeru

@mason: As soon as I saw him (The pyromancer dude) I though "Hell no that I'm swinging my greatsword at all these barrels and accidentally kill the guy" so I just unequipped it and punched them instead.

@GeneralMojo_786: You'll find the keys to Lower Undeadburg in the Undead Parish, then once you kill the boss there you'll get the key to The Depths. The entrance to the depths can be found in the same area. Also, I think you'll actually have to go through two buthchers to reach him, they're faster than they look so try to take out the dogs first.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Shadow

He's the only way to get a lot of stuff early on. However, although it has no real bearing on your getting through the game, you have now killed your only way to write messages on the ground.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

im already past the blacksmith ( i didnt kill him) i killed the butterfly and now i dont know where to go, im asking you guys a bit late becuase i noticed from the net he was quite important.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.