Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I think I found the best place to farm humanity!! *Minor Spoilers

SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SirDancelot

**Beware, if you don't want to know anything about the Duke's Archive!!**

They've been warned. So, I think I may have stumbled across the best place to farm humanity. After being imprisoned following the unbeatable boss fight (thanks for the lost souls there FROM), you are placed in the cell. From this cell, you can run down the staircase to where the tentacle-headed creatures all gather in one small room at the bottom. Wearing the Covetous Gold Serpent ring (which increases your drop rate x3), I managed to net at least 1-2 humanity each time from killing this group. All it takes is a short jaunt back up to the cell, hit the bonfire, and back down. You could probably average about 5 humanity every 10-15 mins. So far, this is the most plentiful supply I've seen.

*A few things to consider:

-Use of a long reach weapon is advised to stay out of their grab radius.

-Beware of the man-lizards dropping down from the platform above you while farming.

-Don't know if this is indeed the best spot, so if anyone knows of a better one feel free to share.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nadril

I farmed them for a little bit, I probably will a ton once I get there on my NG+. Ended up with like 15+ humanity after hardly any work. ' 

Also I used great chaos fireball which makes pretty quick work of groups of 3 or so for them. 

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doe3879

I got myself the Dark Hand 
    then I go suck the humanity out of everyone at firelink and got myself like 14humanity.  hopefully they do recover, so that I can do it again : ) 

thanks for the tip, the rat place was the only one I know of.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpaceRunaway

My favorite so far is the spot before you fight Nito. The infant skeletons have a pretty good drop rate, and they respawn constantly, so there's never a reason to go back to a bonfire. That was my go to farming spot in my first game, I still have over 100 itemized humanities and haven't had to worry about running out during my second playthrough so far. I'll definitely check out those tentacle things when I reach the Archives again. I think I was too busy during my first game to keep as much distance between them and my character to care about what they might drop.

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LaudaSolem

Never got any humanity from octopuses or midget skeletons. I always go to the Depths and run a pattern. The rats drop at least 2 humanity each cycle I complete.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By gosukiller

@SirDancelot said:

**Beware, if you don't want to know anything about the Duke's Archive!!**

They've been warned. So, I think I may have stumbled across the best place to farm humanity. After being imprisoned following the unbeatable boss fight (thanks for the lost souls there FROM), you are placed in the cell. From this cell, you can run down the staircase to where the tentacle-headed creatures all gather in one small room at the bottom. Wearing the Covetous Gold Serpent ring (which increases your drop rate x3), I managed to net at least 1-2 humanity each time from killing this group. All it takes is a short jaunt back up to the cell, hit the bonfire, and back down. You could probably average about 5 humanity every 10-15 mins. So far, this is the most plentiful supply I've seen.

*A few things to consider:

-Use of a long reach weapon is advised to stay out of their grab radius.

-Beware of the man-lizards dropping down from the platform above you while farming.

-Don't know if this is indeed the best spot, so if anyone knows of a better one feel free to share.

You will find a better spot soon when taking the fight to Gravelord Nito. In the area leading up to him, you will find infinitely spawning baby skeletons that will give humanity, as long as you are quick enough to loot them (the humanity gets absorbed when you are too slow).

I don't know if it's objectibely better, but it certainly felt like a better deal in lines of TIME+EFFORT = HUMANITY

edit: Holy shit, I didn't notice this was a zombie thread.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SpaceRunaway

@gosukiller:

Haha, I didn't realize that until you said it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By golguin

@SpaceRunaway said:

My favorite so far is the spot before you fight Nito. The infant skeletons have a pretty good drop rate, and they respawn constantly, so there's never a reason to go back to a bonfire. That was my go to farming spot in my first game, I still have over 100 itemized humanities and haven't had to worry about running out during my second playthrough so far. I'll definitely check out those tentacle things when I reach the Archives again. I think I was too busy during my first game to keep as much distance between them and my character to care about what they might drop.

Yes, killing the baby skeletons is the best way to farm humanity. I could replenish my stock of 99 humanity in less than 2 hours. I took a trip there a few days ago and a gained about 80 in less than two hours. While I was farming I helped 3 different people kill Nito so I'm not sure on the exact time. Any farmer simply needs to be aware that you have to pick up the humanity quick because it will disappear in about a second due to the respawning baby skeletons.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HotSauceMagik

Hmm Anyone hit the babies up recently? I was there yesterday with the Serpent ring (only about 2 humanity though) and after about 10 minutes I gave up because I didn't get a single humanity. Did their droprate change in 1.5?

Also, those babies are fucking creepy....

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vashyron

I found the Octopi things in the Archives to be more reliable in dropping humanity than the rats.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.